Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 Not Showing in Installed Programs

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
emoelroy
1033 Views, 0 Replies

Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 Not Showing in Installed Programs

Hi,

I am using a trial version of Revit 2015 and I am having issues with the content libraries.  I have read many posts and none have solved my problem. I tried uninstalling the Content libraries with a windows command prompt - Here is the post suggesting to do so:

Re: Revit 2015 Family Template File location
05-01-2014 08:55 AM in reply to: holly88

For those of you encountering problems attempting to uninstall Revit 2015, I would recommend manually uninstalling the components. This is accomplished by opening a Windows command prompt, entering the appropriate string and pressing ENTER. Here is a list of the appropriate strings for the Revit 2015 components:
Revit 2015 - MsiExec.exe /x{7346B4A0-1500-0510-0000-705C0D862004}
Revit 2015 Language Pack - English - MsiExec.exe /x{7346B4A0-1500-0511-0409-705C0D862004}
Revit Content Libraries 2015 - MsiExec.exe /x{941030D0-1500-0410-0000-818BB38A95FC}

Once you have each of the components uninstalled, you should be able to launch the installer and reinstall each.

As far as scenarios where the installation completes successfully but no content is created, this typically occurs when the content download fails. Here I would recommend the following steps:
1. Access the Windows Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
2. Select the Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 entry and click Uninstall/Change.
3. At the main Revit Content Libraries 2015 maintenance page, click Add or Remove Programs.
4. At the Add or Remove Content page, disable the checkboxes for each content pack, then click Next.
5. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 3.
7. At the Add or Remove Content page, enable the checkboxes for each content pack that you want to install, then click Next.
8. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.

The key is to remove all content before attempting to reinstall it. This is necessary because you are currently in a state where Revit is incorrectly under the impression that content installed properly. Steps 1 through 5 get you back to a state where Revit is aware that no content is installed and subsequent attempts to add content should be successful.

Please note that you have to have an active internet connection when running through these steps because some Revit content may need to be downloaded during this process. I also recommend disabling any anti-virus software during this process to ensure that it does not block the download of Revit content.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

The problem that I am having now is I do not see the content libraries in the add/remove programs area, so I cannot try to install them again.  I would uninstall and reinstall Revit, but I am afraid that since it is a trial version, I won't be able to install it again on this computer - I have 24 days left and I really need to test it out before I buy it.  Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report