Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 Not Showing in Installed Programs

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
gpurcell
3153 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 Not Showing in Installed Programs

I have read several posts about the content templates not showing up when Revit is opened.  However, all of the ones I read, said to check installed programs and re-install Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015, or add remove components of Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015.  I am not able to do this as it doesn't even show up as an installed program.  

Background, I am installing on a new, clean machine, Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit.  I got the software from download.  All of the other programs seems to be ok, except for Revit.  I've done this on three different machines, with 3 different downloads, and get the same result.  When I did the install, I checked all of the options and never saw Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  I've got a few classes that are waiting on this software.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: gpurcell

I am not sure where your installation goes wrong.

When I installed Revit 2015 (Building design suite) I downloaded it from the website

In my case there were three files, two 4GB and one 1.7 GB file

After installation I ended up with this window

Install.png

After installation when looking at "Programs & Features" in the windows control panel

I find the autodesk revit content libraries 2015 in the installed programs.

When I click on it and select uninstall/change I get the option of selecting which content libraries I want to (un)install:

Content.png

If you keep having difficulties maybe the people in the installation & licensing forum can help you further

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24

In that forum you can also do a search on "Revit Content" to see if other people are experiencing the same issues

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
gpurcell

Discovered the problem.  When you download Autodesk Design Academy 2015, it does not include the Revit Content Libraries.  If you download just Revit and install it by itself, it will include the Content Libraries.  Problem resolved.

greg

Message 4 of 9
jrath

I have been fighting this for 2 weeks. No content for my Revit 2015. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. I tried the control panel and more. The bleeping thing won't work.

Message 5 of 9
gpurcell
in reply to: jrath

Our resolution was the download. After working with another support group,
we determined that the AutoDesk Design Academy download does not include
the Revit Content. So, we downloaded just Revit. When we installed, we
installed the Academy, minus Revit. Then we installed Revit and the
content was there. Hope this helps.
Greg
Message 6 of 9
jrath

I don't understand

Message 7 of 9
gleasond
in reply to: jrath

I downloaded the Revit 2015 trial and  used my key and it worked to install the content and libraries.  It looks like all is good.  Except if you go to actually use the templates.  Then you will get a message that a critical error has occurred and the program has been shut downa and there is no need to save data.

I wish there was just a separate installer for this if it is broken in the full install from the usb stick.  I also could not get it to work with the full internet install as well.

Message 8 of 9
rvelazquezc

I do not understand.

Just Revit?

The academy minus Revit?

Can someone provide some clarifications?

Message 9 of 9

There have been numerous posts about Revit content installation failures and a new post has been created to focus our troubleshooting efforts.  If you continue to encounter this problem, please refer to this post for the latest details on this issue.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report