Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 is now available

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
slatch
4948 Views, 23 Replies

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 is now available

All,

I am pleased to announce the release of Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012, which is available on the Subscription Center and will be available soon on Autodesk.com at http://www.autodesk.com/revitarchitecture-download.

At this time only the English version is available. The localized versions will be released over the next several months.

For a list of new features, please go here.

Regards,

Scott Latch
Revit Architecture Product Manager

Twitter.com/RevitArch
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
ddunn1
in reply to: slatch

I have tried the download 5 times, and it stops each time at the same spot. 2145 MB is the spot. Please fix this and report back here when it is ready to download again. Thanks

Message 3 of 24
ddunn1
in reply to: ddunn1

I got it to restart now, but there is definitely a problem with it, it wants to hang up and stop at that point each time.

Message 4 of 24
DarrenP

might be a bandwidth issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 24
ddunn1
in reply to: DarrenP

bandwidth on Autodesk's part?  I have Roadrunner 1Mb/Sec service and have had no problems with other files, some of which are just as big. It stopped again at 82%, trying to get it to resume now....

Message 6 of 24
cjgielens

i hope there is a update soon, coz the families are a bit screwed up.... 😞

Message 7 of 24
pedroaroso
in reply to: cjgielens

I've installed the 2012 trial but can't find and load the families. Where are they?

Message 8 of 24
acardoso
in reply to: pedroaroso

Pedro, you should try to repair the installation (go to Control Panel --> Programs and Features). To configure instalation, click on the tiny arrow under 'Revit Architecture 2012' and select your prefered content. This should be enough.

Abraço.

Message 9 of 24
pedroaroso
in reply to: acardoso

Thank you Andre.

As you know, I've have never been a Revit fan, but this version is driving me crazy.

In my opinion, it seems even less intuitive than previous versions. I just don't understand why Autodesk is always changing the interface, instead of adding new features.

Obrigado e um abraço.

Message 10 of 24
Ay2
Community Visitor

Kindly assist me with downloading the Trial version of Autodesk Revit Architecture as the Akamai Netsession download manager is not able to assist as recommended on you website.

Thanks in advance.

Message 11 of 24
Mohab3

i need the "Tianjin Cruise Terminal" revit file for education purposes which is the building on the cover of the 2012 revit Architecture, any help would be appriciated

thanks in advance

Message 12 of 24
justtonis
in reply to: Mohab3

hi.

i have Revit Architecture 2012 installed. The problem - can not install Update 1 or Update 2, because as the error message says: "...the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer. Make sure that you are using the correct Update Release for the product."
I am sure I am using the correct update release. How can I make Update locate my Revit???

thanks in advance 

Message 13 of 24
DarrenP
in reply to: justtonis

are you installing the right revit update?

there are 3 revit products

and also consider 32 bit & 64 bit version

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 24
justtonis
in reply to: Mohab3

sure, I have Revit Architecture 2012 (32-bit) and using student licence
And the update is "Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012-x64_Update", it's said that it is suitable for 32bit.

Message 15 of 24
DarrenP

thats the wrong update you need to installl the 32 bit version

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 16 of 24
justtonis
in reply to: DarrenP

look, i found it here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=16841348

and it's written : 

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012

Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012-x64_Update 1.EXE

(or Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012-x86_Update 1.EXE for RAC2012-32bit)

there are no other updates, are there??
i just need to install it, because my revit crashes everytime I try to do something with materials...
it's not possible to work on these conditions.
please, help me somehow.
thanks, 

Message 17 of 24
justtonis

God, I am so stupid. it's written, that 86 update is for 32 bit Revit :DDD
i'll try it and let you know. 

Message 18 of 24
arc90150
in reply to: acardoso

Hi Acardoso, I have the same problem as Pedro - I can't find the families + there isn't a default template to load when I start the program. Could you explain in more detail how to fix this ? I am using Windows XP SP2. Grigor

Message 19 of 24

Yeah I agree with you man we were bringing up this issue all the time with ADT/ACA & here they are doing it again to the"new" baby.

sportyhd
Message 20 of 24
meldaoz

I have just installed it but when I start drawing it keeps gining me the same error: An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window. This window shall be closed.

Please help me how can I fix it????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report