Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit 6.1 is now available for download

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
823 Views, 10 Replies

Autodesk Revit 6.1 is now available for download

Autodesk Revit 6.1 is now available for immediate download and use for Subscription Clients at the Autodesk Revit Download Center. (Non-subscription users are free to download the software as well and run it for 60 days in Trial Mode) This release has some significant enhancements to the Structural module, plus many other enhancements and niceties for Ramps, Design Options, Families, Schedules, Dimensions, Filled Regions, U.I., etc. Way too much stuff to put in a newsgroup posting, so I encourage you all to read the Release Notes. A link to the Release Notes is available at the top of the Download Center page. Note: 1.. Read This First - Please be aware of the "Read This First" link at the top of the page... and please actually Read it before down downloading and installing. In short, your 6.0 serial number will work to activate the product. You should all receive an email with your serial number within the next few days. 6.1 can be licensed directly through the product by following the instructions in the "Read This First" document. 2.. Network License users - Please be aware that 6.1 requires the latest build of the Autodesk Network License Manager (Version 9.2.2.0 or later). The new version of the ANLM can be downloaded form the Download Center page as well. Happy Reviting, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

I've let our web team know. For clarification, if you right mouse click on it you don't get an option to save it to disk? "John Story" wrote in message news:4050b574$1_2@newsprd01... Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Nope, this is what I get........ "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050d0a9_1@newsprd01... I've let our web team know. For clarification, if you right mouse click on it you don't get an option to save it to disk? "John Story" wrote in message news:4050b574$1_2@newsprd01... Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

What you say is not true.. the file has .exe extension and it is not very smart if you have your browser set to automatically -open- files of this type (you might want to run a virus-check.. if this is your setting than it's probably teaming with them) > for 'normal' users you get a pop-up asking you if you want to -save- or -open- the file... when you leftclick the link. "John Story" wrote in message news:4050d9f3_2@newsprd01... Nope, this is what I get........ "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050d0a9_1@newsprd01... I've let our web team know. For clarification, if you right mouse click on it you don't get an option to save it to disk? "John Story" wrote in message news:4050b574$1_2@newsprd01... Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

"John Story" wrote in message news:4050d9f3_2@newsprd01... Nope, this is what I get........ "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050d0a9_1@newsprd01... I've let our web team know. For clarification, if you right mouse click on it you don't get an option to save it to disk? "John Story" wrote in message news:4050b574$1_2@newsprd01... Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected. Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "untitled.jpg"
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

nono, The Network License file is clearly a Zip file. Look again at the picture below, and the definition on the webpage " Autodesk Network License Manager (zip - 19 Mb) " or hold your mouse over the link on the page and read the URL at the bottom of the page. Please read what I had written. "nono"
wrote in message news:4051deaa_2@newsprd01... What you say is not true.. the file has .exe extension and it is not very smart if you have your browser set to automatically -open- files of this type (you might want to run a virus-check.. if this is your setting than it's probably teaming with them) > for 'normal' users you get a pop-up asking you if you want to -save- or -open- the file... when you leftclick the link. "John Story" wrote in message news:4050d9f3_2@newsprd01... Nope, this is what I get........ "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050d0a9_1@newsprd01... I've let our web team know. For clarification, if you right mouse click on it you don't get an option to save it to disk? "John Story" wrote in message news:4050b574$1_2@newsprd01... Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

nono, For this screenshot, I thank you. I had forgotten that I set the Zip files to open automatically by unchecking the "Always ask....." on the dialog some time ago since I was tired of answering this question when opening zip files in emails and I very rarely download files from the web without using "right-click-save-as" anyway. It took me a while to find where to set them back. You must go to "Windows Explorer" then "Tools->Folder Options->File Types" and select "ZIP", then hit "Advanced" and turn on "Confirm....". Then I was able to download the files. And then I changed it right back. So the ZIP files that are passed into this JavaScript still does not allow "right-click-save-as", where the other "EXE" files that are passed into a different script or called from the script does work. As you said, in todays world it is a security risk to click on any file to download it, much better to do a "right-click-save-as", which does not work on this page for that zip file. The web development group still needs to fix this. The original request still stands. "nono"
wrote in message news:4051dfe4_2@newsprd01... "John Story" wrote in message news:4050d9f3_2@newsprd01... Nope, this is what I get........ "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050d0a9_1@newsprd01... I've let our web team know. For clarification, if you right mouse click on it you don't get an option to save it to disk? "John Story" wrote in message news:4050b574$1_2@newsprd01... Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected. Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "untitled.jpg"
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Oh.. sorry John, you're right.. I didn't read your mail very well, I had understood that you were talking about the install-file. Still, doesn't really matter since I donwloaded the ADLM too and that's just the same issue. When simply leftclicking it you -should- get the option to either run, save or abort if you've got your file-actions in IE set the right way. I do agree with you that a rightclick > save to disk is the normal, easiest and best way to handle distribution of a downloadable file... and it used to be like that on the Revit dowload page right? "John Story" wrote in message news:405228a2_2@newsprd01... nono, The Network License file is clearly a Zip file. Look again at the picture below, and the definition on the webpage " Autodesk Network License Manager (zip - 19 Mb) " or hold your mouse over the link on the page and read the URL at the bottom of the page. Please read what I had written. "nono"
wrote in message news:4051deaa_2@newsprd01... What you say is not true.. the file has .exe extension and it is not very smart if you have your browser set to automatically -open- files of this type (you might want to run a virus-check.. if this is your setting than it's probably teaming with them) > for 'normal' users you get a pop-up asking you if you want to -save- or -open- the file... when you leftclick the link. "John Story" wrote in message news:4050d9f3_2@newsprd01... Nope, this is what I get........ "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050d0a9_1@newsprd01... I've let our web team know. For clarification, if you right mouse click on it you don't get an option to save it to disk? "John Story" wrote in message news:4050b574$1_2@newsprd01... Steve, Please change the webpage on the "Autodesk Network License Manager" to allow "right-click-save-as" instead of forcing an open on a zipfile when you have a program like "WinRAR". The AutoCAD beta has the same problem, it tries to open a 400meg zipfile and there is no way around it to download the program. The Revit Exe download prompts to save as when clicked as expected.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

For some reason, when I try to use the install after downloading, I get the following error: RevitInstall: ERROR: Your version of Internet Explorer (less that IE 6.1) is not supported. I currently have the latest Explorer ver. 6 installed with SP1. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Fred Gibson, Architect Frederick@gibson-design.com Architecture Designed With Integrity ===========================-----------------------------------|||||||||||||| Frederick Clifford Gibson Architect & Associates 679 Harrison Street San Francisco, CA 94107 415.227.1684 |tel| 415.227.1685 |fax| ul. Micinskiego 8 91-160 Lodz, Poland 48.42.656.0752 |tel/fax| (c)2003 http://www.gibson-design.com "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050ac11$1_1@newsprd01... Autodesk Revit 6.1 is now available for immediate download and use for Subscription Clients at the Autodesk Revit Download Center. (Non-subscription users are free to download the software as well and run it for 60 days in Trial Mode) This release has some significant enhancements to the Structural module, plus many other enhancements and niceties for Ramps, Design Options, Families, Schedules, Dimensions, Filled Regions, U.I., etc. Way too much stuff to put in a newsgroup posting, so I encourage you all to read the Release Notes. A link to the Release Notes is available at the top of the Download Center page. Note: 1.. Read This First - Please be aware of the "Read This First" link at the top of the page... and please actually Read it before down downloading and installing. In short, your 6.0 serial number will work to activate the product. You should all receive an email with your serial number within the next few days. 6.1 can be licensed directly through the product by following the instructions in the "Read This First" document. 2.. Network License users - Please be aware that 6.1 requires the latest build of the Autodesk Network License Manager (Version 9.2.2.0 or later). The new version of the ANLM can be downloaded form the Download Center page as well. Happy Reviting, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Just a suggestion.. maybe try uninstalling IE6 > reboot > reinstall This might help since it could be a malfunction in your registry information. "Frederick C. Gibson, Architect" wrote in message news:4056248e_2@newsprd01... For some reason, when I try to use the install after downloading, I get the following error: RevitInstall: ERROR: Your version of Internet Explorer (less that IE 6.1) is not supported. I currently have the latest Explorer ver. 6 installed with SP1. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Fred Gibson, Architect Frederick@gibson-design.com Architecture Designed With Integrity ===========================-----------------------------------|||||||||||||| Frederick Clifford Gibson Architect & Associates 679 Harrison Street San Francisco, CA 94107 415.227.1684 |tel| 415.227.1685 |fax| ul. Micinskiego 8 91-160 Lodz, Poland 48.42.656.0752 |tel/fax| (c)2003 http://www.gibson-design.com "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:4050ac11$1_1@newsprd01... Autodesk Revit 6.1 is now available for immediate download and use for Subscription Clients at the Autodesk Revit Download Center. (Non-subscription users are free to download the software as well and run it for 60 days in Trial Mode) This release has some significant enhancements to the Structural module, plus many other enhancements and niceties for Ramps, Design Options, Families, Schedules, Dimensions, Filled Regions, U.I., etc. Way too much stuff to put in a newsgroup posting, so I encourage you all to read the Release Notes. A link to the Release Notes is available at the top of the Download Center page. Note: 1.. Read This First - Please be aware of the "Read This First" link at the top of the page... and please actually Read it before down downloading and installing. In short, your 6.0 serial number will work to activate the product. You should all receive an email with your serial number within the next few days. 6.1 can be licensed directly through the product by following the instructions in the "Read This First" document. 2.. Network License users - Please be aware that 6.1 requires the latest build of the Autodesk Network License Manager (Version 9.2.2.0 or later). The new version of the ANLM can be downloaded form the Download Center page as well. Happy Reviting, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report