Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Rendering 360: PNG vs JPEG vs TIFF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
octavio2
4986 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Rendering 360: PNG vs JPEG vs TIFF

I am using Autodesk 360 rendering for the first time.  I am trying to educate myself a little bit.

The "Fille Format" has PNG (Lossless), JPEG (High Quality), and TIFF (Uncompressed).

What is the better file format or the most "standard" when you have a building in 3D (bird eye view, sort of) with parking, losts of trees, exterior tennis play areas showing, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rave.Tam
in reply to: octavio2

Either go for TIFF or PNG. You can always save those two files as a JPEG (lossy) but not the other way around.

Personally, I would vote for PNG whether its exterior or interior rendering, it is more common file format. Can be edited and view in any computer (you can't open TIFF in XP back in the days).
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Message 3 of 5
octavio2

Thanks for your imput.

I think PNG is what I clicked before I sent it yesterday.

I also clicked the box so they tell me when the redering is ready, but as of now I still haven't heard from them that the rendering is finished yet,  It is a very large file. Does it takes really long before they inform when the rendering is finished? 

Also, what "lossy" in this context means?

(As I work with renderings, with which I am not very conversant, I might have some additional future questions).

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
Rave.Tam

Good call.

Lossy means some pixels are actually lost when compressed. On the other hand, like ZIP, it is a lossless compression because you can actually get back the original file once decompressed.

Maybe you can head back to 360 and check on the progress

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Message 5 of 5
octavio2

The rendering never was done, it appears because the file that I sent was too large (40.9 MB).

However, today I used the Autodesk 360 cloud for the first time to put the Revit drawing there so I could test how to share it.  To test it, I shared it to my e-mail so I could review it at home.  When I opened it in 360 to review it, all the views of the drawings are there, however, I notice that these are in what appears a very bad quality PDF format with very bad quality linework, unlike what you see in a real Revit drawing.  Some parts of the  drawings seem to look like a very poor PDF that have parts that are almost unreadable. (To be honest, I was very dissapointed with what I saw).

Let me ask, is this bad quality linework/drawing what others who receive the drawings always see in Autodesk 360?

Thanks again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report