Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
cummins600
1546 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite?

Hello, anyone have the 2011 or 2012 AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite? Just want to confirm the suite ships with three fully independent software’s – AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit Architecture & AutoCAD Architecture?

Thanks,

Mike

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ccollins
in reply to: cummins600

Yes.

But since you asked on a Revit Forum, the only one you need is................Revit!!!

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 14
LisaDrago

Yes - if you get the boxed product you get 3 disks - each program on a disk.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 14
rosskirby

Yes, but don't let that fool you into thinking that you have 3 licenses.  You have 1 license that is good for any 1 of those programs at any given time.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 14
cummins600
in reply to: rosskirby

So all three can be installed on one PC, but I can only run one program at a time? I couldn't have AutoCAD and Revit open at the same time? Is that the way this suite works?

Thanks,
Mike
Message 6 of 14
LisaDrago

No No.... You install all 3 programs on one computer and you can use them all at the same time if you wish.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 7 of 14
Chris.Aquino

If all 3 were installed with the same Serial Number and Product Key, you should be able to have all 3 programs open at the same time.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 8 of 14
cummins600
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Great. Thanks so much!
Message 9 of 14
cummins600

And other thing.....32 bit and 64 bit are supplied in the suite?
Message 10 of 14
Chris.Aquino

Yes, both versions are in the installer. It will detect the correct one automatically.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 11 of 14
cummins600
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks again!
Message 12 of 14
durentech
in reply to: LisaDrago

Boy, you guys are lucky if you got all 3 discs. I purchased Revit Structure Suite 2010 and DID get 3 discs. In 2011, 2012 and now 2013 I only got Revit Structure and AutoCAD Structural Detailing...no AutoCAD! Talk about a breach of contract!

By the way, your suite is no longer being sold. Check the product page. It's on there but open and read what Autodesk says about future upgrades..."when they become available". Now ask your reseller or Autodesk what they will give you if you remain on subscription. Tight lips and no promises. They can't say but an Autodesk representative told me they won't know until the 2014 products are released. Why pay subscription renewals when Autodesk can't even tell us what we'll get for our discontinued product suite.

Message 13 of 14
LisaDrago
in reply to: durentech

Hello - From my understanding - the changes in your boxed product is because you were getting duplicate programs. Structural Detailing is built on AutoCAD. There really was no reason to get vanilla AutoCAD when you already have Structural Detailing AutoCAD. To me - that made sense.

as for the Suites themselves - you are right - they are no longer selling the AutoCAD Revit Suites. Those with existing suites will remain on those suites. The reason for the change is to move people to the Building Design Suites.

As for the 2014 release - no one knows what is happening with that. No information is available for new releases until Jan. And there would be a legal embargo so resellers cannot talk about them until they are released. So do be to hard on resellers.

Hope this helps... And remember - this is from my current knowledge. Things may have changed already!

LD

Message 14 of 14
durentech
in reply to: LisaDrago

My problem is with how the vanilla AutoCAD 2013 from the ASD 2013 installation disc is recognized. When I first installed the ASD 2013 disc there was no icon for ACAD.exe, I had to find the launch icon in the program files and put it on my desktop manually. In 2011 and 2012 the installation of ASD added the icon automatically. Nonetheless, in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 versions when I open the ACAD.exe launch icon it says AutoCAd Structural Detailing across the top...not AutoCAD. When I try to load HDI drivers for AutoCAD from my plotter manufacturer the installation says "No AutoCAD product found". Similarly, when I try to download a fix or service pack for AutoCAD from Autodesk it says I don't have AutoCAD.

I've been told that I can download AutoCAD 2013 in subscription center. I sign in and see my 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010 products. whether installed already or not they are all there...except AutoCAD 2013. In the 2013 folder I only have AutoCAD Structural Detailing and Revit Structure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report