Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad LT witin Revit LT suite?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
genfan
1292 Views, 7 Replies

autocad LT witin Revit LT suite?

Purchased and running Revit LT suite which was advertised as "including" Autocad LT as well...? How do I get "into" ACAD LT? Cannot seem to find this. I am new to Revit but need to be able to work in ACAD immediately.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Did you ever get an answer? I am wondering the same thing.
Message 3 of 8
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: genfan

They are not like the other design Suites, you have to install both software's separately. If you are downloading, simply download AutoCAD LT and install & register it with your account details, and repeat the process for Revit LT, using the same account info. (different Product keys)

If you were sent out the media, you get both disks, install one, then install the other.

hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 4 of 8

Thank you but I am still confused.   I have had an Autocad LT subscription for about a year now.  I didn't want to lose that but I wanted to add Revit LT so I can start learning that so I spoke to the sales people and they said they would cancel my AutoCad LT subscription and I could purchase the Revit LT Suite and still have both.

I did purchase the Suite license and from my account management page I loaded Revit LT.  The first thing that confused me is that I didn't have to enter the Serial# or activation code or anything, it just worked.  But aside from that, I was expecting that since I got the Suite I would get a new link for AutoCad LT with new activation code, serial #, etc..   But I didn't, I still have my original AutoCad LT link there but it has the same Serial #, Activation code, etc. from my original subscription and nothing new for AutoCad LT.

I am afraid that when my AutoCad LT subscription ends in a few days I'll be without it which I can't have because that is what I need to do my work. If my current AutoCad LT subscription ends, how to activate it again without new info?

Message 5 of 8

Go onto your Autodesk account and download AutoCAD LT, and just put in your Revit LT Suite serial number and AutoCAD LT product key when it asks (i recommend you use the "Download Now" option NOT the "Install Now" option). Your old info will still be there as your subs have not ran out yet. 

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 6 of 8

Thanks very much.  Once my current AutoCad LT subscription runs out I will try that and keep my fingers crossed.

Message 7 of 8

I have one more question.  How can I go ahead and try to update my AutoCad LT subscription based on my Revit LT suite Serial # and Product Key?   I went to the "About AutoCad LT" section and clicked "Product Information."  There I could try to update my serial # but not my Product key so it didn't work.  Do I have to delete the software from my system and download it again?  

Message 8 of 8

Dear @StudioZArchitecture 

You may need to uninstall the software and reinstall the software by re-downloading the installer from the AutoCAD Revit LT Suite portion of your account. During installation, when asked, please enter the serial number and product key of your suite to proceed. Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report