Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD linking Revit 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thaner9
721 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD linking Revit 2014

I've read some online support and supposedly all I have to do is to disable the "select link" button in the system tray...this isn't working though. I have no ability to rotate an imported AutoCAD file and I need to.

Thanks,

Logan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bcarriere
in reply to: thaner9

I would check the drop-down under the modify button on the ribbon (the first item on all the ribbons) and make sure that "Select Links" and "Select Pinned Elements" are checked. Then select the linked AutoCAD file and "unpin" it. At this point you should be able to rotate the linked file.

bev

Message 3 of 4
thaner9
in reply to: bcarriere

I have looked into that and it still doesn't seem to let me "tab" around until selecting the imported CAD file. I've "selected all" and then gone to the filter tool and still nothing. I haven't downloaded any updates from Autodesk so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for replying though,

Logan

Message 4 of 4
thaner9
in reply to: thaner9

I needed BOTH "select links" AND "select pinned elements" checked...that was my problem. It's working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report