Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audiovisual consultant guidance please

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
esfransen
679 Views, 1 Reply

Audiovisual consultant guidance please

Greetings All,

I am an AV cousultant and we have added Revit to our software resources due to a few of our Architects requirements.  Not every Architect uses Revit so it is not used every day.  For example, I took a model and added sections/elevations that are germane to the Audiovisual discipline for the project and made sheets for plotting for my in house acoustics guys to work with.  I now have a new model from the Architect.  How do I use the new model and retain my previous views and sheets?   In ACAD we have xrefed backgrounds that have all of their layers that we can control in their relative folders and just replace them and we can see where the changes are.  I guess the overall question is what is the best way to handle the model for a consulting firm that needs custom sections/ elevations and produces 2D drawings as well such as electrical and facilities plans?

I have tried making my own project and linking in the model but when I go to hide various elements the whole model hides.

Eric

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: esfransen

The linked file is definitely the route you should be using as a consultant. 

Couple of points that might help you out here:

1.  Make sure you are hitting tab when trying to select individual objects in the linked file.  If you just try to click the object you will select the whole link by default, so just tab through selections to get what you want.  You can tell what you are about to select when tabbing by looking at the lower left hand of the view and you will see that is indicates the family type that would be selected if clicked.  You can then hide the individual element.

2.  You can control visibility of categories in your linked file the same way you control them in the main file.  Simply go to Visibility Graphics, click on the Revit Links tab, click custom for display settings, click custom on the top of the "Basics" tab, then click the model categories tab to turn off/on categories as needed.

Hope this gets you where you need to go.

Lawrence

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report