Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted to access .rvt past its end

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jonathan.cunningham
6523 Views, 6 Replies

Attempted to access .rvt past its end

I have a .rvt file that is no longer working. It belongs to a student who has been working on this project for a while. It is for a grade and we are at a loss of what to do. The backup file works, but there is a lot of work missing between the backup and the file I have. I have the file as well as the journal if anyone can help.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

"Past its end" errors typically indicate the file will not be able to be recovered.  The most recent backup that is working is probably your best bet.  Was the student saving to a flash drive by chance?  I have seen this kind of thing happen before.  It is usually a best bet to save to the local C: drive and then copy/move to a flash/external drive later.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 7

It was saved to a network drive. They have been instructed before to save locally, I use the desktop as an example, and then copy to their network drive, but I am sure that this is not the case.

Message 4 of 7

I guees this is a lesson from the school of hard knocks.  Saving to a local drive first is the safest way to go.  Most of the time you will be ok, but all it takes is one failure to make you regret testing the fates.  It always happens at the worst time.  😞  On the bight side as we always used to say in my office, "It is faster the 2nd time you draw it."  🙂

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 7

i cannot open a new file ... it show me this stuff ... what should i do ? need a solution ... help please ..Untitled.png

Message 6 of 7
cbcarch
in reply to: najmijas

Try using a different Revit Template file ( .rte) when starting your Project, or specify "none" when asked for which Template to use.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 7 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: najmijas

That template file on that computer is broken.  I would suggest getting a new template file from another computer and replacing the one on this computer.  

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report