Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Walls to Roof, Ext. Finish (Pattern) Lost

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BobJayson2618
1456 Views, 3 Replies

Attaching Walls to Roof, Ext. Finish (Pattern) Lost

Hello,  I am using Revit 2014, and when I attach my brick walls to the roof, the attachment works but its losing the exterior pattern (Finish).  There is a disctinct line between the Perpendicular boundary (lower) and the top of the roof.  The area above the boundary line is a different shade with no pattern.

It looks like its pulling up the core part of the wall and not the Ext. Finish (1).  My work around is to use edit profile, but there has to be a better way.  I am hoping this isn't a brink only hiccup.  

I have tried setting the wall to "Unconnected vs. Upper Limit", but it did the same thing.   Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Bob

This happens if the roof is not fully covering the top of the wall you are attaching.

The wall can only move vertically when attaching Top/Base, so if the roof only covers half of the wall, then only half of the wall will extend up to attack tot he roof, giving you the output you describe.

Move your roof/roof boundary so it covers the wall and it will fix your issue. If you cannot move the roof for whatever reason, you will need to edit the profile of the wall and lock the profile edges to the roof slope. To do this, go to an elevation view of the wall, select it, in the ribbon select "Edit profile", sketch the profile of the wall to match the roof slope and lock the sketch lines (using the align tool). This will give you the same functionality at attaching it without having to have the roof cover the wall.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 4

Thank you very much. I knew it was something simple. It also explains one
of the other (joining) errors I was getting. Have a great holiday season!
Message 4 of 4

Glad it helped 🙂

You too

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report