Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asphalt Shingles Require "Realistic", B&B Wall Pattern requires "Shaded"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
doni49
5031 Views, 5 Replies

Asphalt Shingles Require "Realistic", B&B Wall Pattern requires "Shaded"

I created a Board and Batten material using a pattern I downloaded from this forum (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Board-Batten-Exterior-Finish/m-p/2514833#M...).

The wall looks great when viewed in "Shaded".  But when viewed in "Realistic", the B&B pattern disappears and is replaced by solid color.

I used the OOTB Asphal Shingles on my roof.  If my view is set to "Shaded", they do not show -- all I get is solid gray.  If I change the view to realistic, I get the roof shingles.

I'm currently at a loss here.  Any ideas?

I'm attaching a screen shot of what the two look like.

Thanks!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mpwuzhere
in reply to: doni49

Realistic utilizes an actual image map of what the material looks like....so if you don't have an image assigned it shows as a solid color.  Be aware that any 3D Fill Patterns assigned to a material will not show up in Realistic either.

Message 3 of 6
doni49
in reply to: mpwuzhere

Thinking that it might be something along those lines, I downloaded an asphalt shingle pattern file (http://www.revitcity.com/downloads.php?action=view&object_id=3012) and assigned it to the roof as well.  I thought maybe the pattern would show up when in shaded.  But it didn't appear.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
mpwuzhere

Was it Model or Drafting Pattern?  Drafting Patterns only show in 2D....Model in both 2D and 3D....

Message 5 of 6
doni49

Model

shingle.png

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 6
toddmk

I may have found your fix. I was just working on the same hatch file and I imported it at a scale of 1. It just showed gray. Usually when the color occurs, it usually has something to do with the pattern scale and actual scale of your drawing. So I went back and for entertainment value, I changed the import scale to 12 and sure enough... it shows up on the roof now with my 3d view scale being at 1/4". If by chance we're using different files, just change the import scale to 12 anyway to give you an idea of what scale you might need to import it to. 1 was too small and 2 was too small. 12 seems ok right now, but I might need to change it because the pattern seems slightly too big. Hope it helps.

*edit* of course after I post this, I realize it's a 4 year old post. DERP*

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report