Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrow Head & Leader Line Color

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
IMCornish
16730 Views, 8 Replies

Arrow Head & Leader Line Color

Is there any way to create an Arrow Head and Leader Line style that is a color other than black?  I have annotation tag styles which are colored, red, green etc but the arrow head and leader lines remain black unless their color is overidden using 'graphics in view'.  Selecting all the tags and overiding them is a real pain when perhaps it can be done by 'family' or 'type'

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gustavomello
in reply to: IMCornish

Well, if you have only one color per tag category you can change it in object styles dialog. You just have to change line color for each tag category (e.g room tag, window tag, etc.). If you have different colors inside one category i think you can´t change arrow and line color to match it.

Gustavo

Message 3 of 9
IMCornish
in reply to: gustavomello

If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that, for instance, if I were wanting to change the color of a 'Structural Framimg Tag', I should just change the color in the 'Object Styles' dialog from Black to Red?  Assuming I have understood you correctly then this will not do as I wish to use a number of different color tags to highlight the difference between say something that is to be demolished and something that is new such that I would have more than one color tag per project, maybe three or four.

I looked at using subcatagories but can find no may of assigning a subcatagory to a tag family.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 9
gustavomello

Yes, you understood correctly. But i was talking about the leader line and arrow colors (this wasn't clear in my post), the tag color is defined inside the tag family.

Since you need different colors to the same tag category, the only way i know of is the one you're already using. Unless you're happy having only the tags with different colors and the leader in black or some other color you choose.

Gustavo

Message 5 of 9
Chris.Aquino

At this time, the leaders are pseudo system families that only exist in the project file, and are controlled by the Object Style of the Tag Category (as you have seen). Therefore the workaround is change them manually (also, as you have seen).

If you would like this behavior to change, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 9
WellingtonKim

You'll have to create different line styles inside the family, and the Default as the Leader and Arrowhead color.

For instance: Wire Tag, you'll have to create a Subcategory of line and then change the color as you'll prefer. After that, you change it inside the Project (you can change it for a View or for the entire Project).

Message 7 of 9
Seychellian
in reply to: WellingtonKim

@WellingtonKim wrote:

You'll have to create different line styles inside the family, and the Default as the Leader and Arrowhead color.

For instance: Wire Tag, you'll have to create a Subcategory of line and then change the color as you'll prefer. After that, you change it inside the Project (you can change it for a View or for the entire Project).

I am not completely clear what is being said here. If we had a view where we wanted, lets say 5, different coloured text blocks (red, green, yellow, blue, pink) with corresponding leaders and arrow heads of the same colour is that possible?

Message 8 of 9
martijn_pater
in reply to: Seychellian

It suggests that you need multiple subcategories and visibility control to create different types, similar to multiple text sizes in a tag... think that's how I would try to accomplish that I guess...

Message 9 of 9

These additional object styles within the tag cannot be used to control the color of the leader, which is not part of what you model within the tag -- only a property that is stored within the project.  (In a similar way, you cannot save the arrowhead type for a tag within the family (.rfa) file -- you must set it after the family is loaded into a Project (or Project Template .rte) file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report