Distinguished Contributor
diesellam
Message 1 of 6 (492 Views)
Accepted Solution

area takeoff

492 Views, 5 Replies
09-19-2012 09:27 AM

See attached file.

How can you do the area takeoff of only the selected faces (red area)?

Right now I have to use the 3rd party software to do something like this.  I'm curious if there's a way to do inside Revit?

Thanks in advance.

diesellam wrote:

You mean to apply the material in the wall's type properties?

Yes. Is it not what you need, to estimate materials in a wall? That's what the material take-off schedule is for.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 6 (484 Views)

Re: area takeoff

09-19-2012 10:09 AM in reply to: diesellam

Paint those 3 faces with a material. Then, in the project, do a material take-off schedule that applies to elements of the same category as this object. That schedule will give you the area per material.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
diesellam
Message 3 of 6 (481 Views)

09-19-2012 10:13 AM in reply to: diesellam

This is just an example of the exterior wall.  Your suggestion is good.

But I have about 1000 of them all over the project.

This is not a feasible solution if I have to paint the materials for all 1000 of them.

You can't isolate the faces of the wall in Revit, can you?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 6 (475 Views)

09-19-2012 10:16 AM in reply to: diesellam

Oh, if it is a wall, you don't need to paint anything, but configure the components of the wall in its type properties. The material take-off schedule should report that information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
diesellam
Message 5 of 6 (463 Views)

09-19-2012 02:06 PM in reply to: diesellam

Would you mind to elaborate a little bit more?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 6 of 6 (459 Views)

09-19-2012 02:45 PM in reply to: diesellam

diesellam wrote:

Yes. Is it not what you need, to estimate materials in a wall? That's what the material take-off schedule is for.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!