Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

area takeoff

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
diesellam
3163 Views, 5 Replies

area takeoff

See attached file.

How can you do the area takeoff of only the selected faces (red area)?

Right now I have to use the 3rd party software to do something like this.  I'm curious if there's a way to do inside Revit?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: diesellam

Paint those 3 faces with a material. Then, in the project, do a material take-off schedule that applies to elements of the same category as this object. That schedule will give you the area per material.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
diesellam

This is just an example of the exterior wall.  Your suggestion is good.

But I have about 1000 of them all over the project.

This is not a feasible solution if I have to paint the materials for all 1000 of them.

You can't isolate the faces of the wall in Revit, can you?

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

Oh, if it is a wall, you don't need to paint anything, but configure the components of the wall in its type properties. The material take-off schedule should report that information.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
diesellam

Would you mind to elaborate a little bit more?

You mean to apply the material in the wall's type properties?

Message 6 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

@diesellam wrote:

You mean to apply the material in the wall's type properties?

Yes. Is it not what you need, to estimate materials in a wall? That's what the material take-off schedule is for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report