Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Fills in Linked Files

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
s.koulis
1367 Views, 2 Replies

Area Fills in Linked Files

I am trying to get the Area Fills from a linked to show up in the host file but I can't get it to work.

I have tried:

1. Controlling visibility by linked view and pointing to my set Area Plan in the linked file (the area boundary & tag are shown but not the fill)

2. Creating an area plan in the host file and aplying a similar colour scheme set to include elements from linked files. If the visibility is set by Host view no areas or tags come through, if the visibility is set by linked view areas and tags come through but no fills again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
s.koulis
in reply to: s.koulis

After a bit more testing:

In order for the Area Fills to be visible in the Host View:

1. Create a new Area Plan Set, assign a new colour scheme (identical to the one you want to replicate from the linked file) and check include elements from linked files
2. In the V/G Overrides for the host view set the visibility of the Link File to Linked View and select the correct Area Plan View from the Linked File. The Area Boundary & Tag will become visible
3. Now set the V/G Override to custom and change only the colour fill setting to Host View, the areas will pick the fill colour from the host view.

Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: s.koulis

Thanks for posting back with the solution you found.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report