Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Family Tag

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
10270 Views, 12 Replies

Area Family Tag

Trying to create Area Plan with Tag. Getting message ' no area tags loaded'.  Looking at the Library, no Area Tags there.  Where could they be?  Is there an Area Tag Category Family?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

It's the first file in the Annotation folder of the libaries: "Area Tag.rfa".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you Alfredo,

I would expect that, BUT my Annotation Library starts with 'Callout Head'.

I've looked through every folder in the Library, searched through every file on the computer.

No Area Tag.

Is there a site I can get it?

Message 4 of 13
Jason_S
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached.  This is the OOTB Tag.

Message 5 of 13
architex
in reply to: Jason_S

Thank you Caddman13!

Is there a site where I can get other Families?

It seems that I'm missing a lot of files from my Library.

Message 6 of 13
Jason_S
in reply to: architex

You are welcome.

I did a search and couldn't find anything on the web for the "out of the box" families.

It sounds as if it didn't load properly and you might need to try the Add or Remove Content Feature.

To do that go to Control Panel and then to Uninstall programs.  Right click and select uninstall.  Revit will bring up a menu that allows you to go through the setup process again and add items missed on the original install.  Select the Add and Remove button.

See attached.  That should be ale to get you the families you need.

Let me know if that does or doesn't work.

Message 7 of 13
architex

Thank you Caddman13.

The Libraries are installed correctly, as I have a secod installation on my laptop.

I just have to find a way to 'bring' the missing stuff in.

Message 8 of 13
Jason_S

@architex wrote:

Thank you Caddman13.

The Libraries are installed correctly, as I have a secod installation on my laptop.

I just have to find a way to 'bring' the missing stuff in.

Are the libraries on your second installation?  If so, you can copy them via the network or jump drive.

If there aren't a lot I can send them to you.

Message 9 of 13
architex

Yes Caddman, libraries in both installations are identical.

I have figured out how to copy some stuff from the sample files provided with LT.

It would be interesting to compaire the libraries of 'full' revit with Revit LT...

Message 10 of 13
architex

Caddmam,

Would you 'take a shot' at my bigger problem?

Check my post - Stair width problem.

Although I've found a temporary 'fix' (I'm drawing stairs 'by sketch'), I would like to figure out why  the stair width is not working.

Message 11 of 13
kevin_porter

I know the thread is old by now (currently workin in R2015) I work for a large company where templates and install are generated by firmwide, so I thought about it and checked my install first and its the same as yours.

To answer your question of why it starts with callout is because there is too many different types of categores. If you need to create an area tag i would create a new family from the "generic Annotation" family and change the family category to "area" or whatever you need. It will automatically change avaliable parameters per that category. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Message 12 of 13
turbobeast

Thank you!  I had the same problem and you just solved it!

Message 13 of 13
jwilliamwilcox
in reply to: turbobeast

My install (Revit LT 2019.2) was also missing the Area tag.  Weird.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report