Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are visibility Filters inclusive or exclusive (Revit MEP 2011)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dtiemeyer
350 Views, 2 Replies

Are visibility Filters inclusive or exclusive (Revit MEP 2011)

I have several view filters. One view filter causes a group of things to not display. However when I add a second view filter that should cause items to display. The 'winning' filter is the one that causes items to not display. Can I change this? Make one view filter take precedence over another?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

If two or more View FIlters are affecting the same element(s) and if ANY of them turn them off, make them halftone, or apply one of the "checkbox" options, those elements are turned off, halftoned, etc. - The View Filters apply these options if they are selected, and ignore the options if not selected, so a View FIlter won't turn elements back on if another one has turned them off.

If two or more View FIlters are affecting the same element(s) which are applying conflicting effects (such as line color), the View filter that is higher on the list is the 'Winning Filter'.

Added comment: At least that is how it works in 2012 and up. (I broke my 2011 so I can't test it there!)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
dtiemeyer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, this got me on the right track to controlling things the way I want to.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report