Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archicad -> IFC -> Revit Architecture 2014. Problem with walls and openings.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aleksei.tkachenko
4048 Views, 4 Replies

Archicad -> IFC -> Revit Architecture 2014. Problem with walls and openings.

Hello

I tried to open a file originally created in ArchiCAD, in Revit. I have only IFC file available. It is well made and filled with information. When imported into Revit I used addon from GraphiSoft "IFC / ArchiCAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2014". All was imported normally, except the exterior walls, windows and doors. They do not belong any family and can not be edited in any way except "Edit In-Place". All information about these objects was lost. At the same time  everything si OK with the internal walls and openings.

What is the problem? Did anyone else experience this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Same problem. All information is lost from walls when importing. Even with the add-in ArchiCAD Connection. 

I wanted to get the walls area (m²) information out of the model, but this is not possible now. 

There are pieces of walls in the model which have information in them, you can see in the attached picture. 
So why not all walls?? 

Does anyone have a solution for this??

Thanks

Message 3 of 5

I found the solution that works well for me.

ArchiCAD 17 (student version) - > IFC (standard exchange) -> Improved IFC/ArchiCAD Connection Add-In for Revit 2014 (add-on from Graphisoft) -> Revit 2014.

Revit 2014 handles IFC from ArchiCAD much better than older versions. Strange thing is that student version of ArchiCAD 17 gives better IFC file for import to Revit than commercial version.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

I've asked the architect, and he has Archicad 17, and I have Revit 2014, so that's probably not the problem.

What might be the problem, the architect told me, is that he's drawing with composite walls?? multiple material layers in 1 wall, like brick, insulation and concrete.

Can it be that IFC wont get the Area information out of those walls?

Message 5 of 5

Composite walls from ArchiCAD didn't create problem for me. All materials and layers were imported to Revit the same way they was made in ArchiCAD. Did you use ArchiCAD Connection Add-In for Revit? It helps a lot. Otherwise, architect needs to check IFC translator options. I used default translator but I found out that it only gives good IFC file in educational version of ArchiCAD. Apparently, IFC-translator settings in educational version differ from ones in commercial version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report