Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation to show in Family Elevation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2779 Views, 2 Replies

Annotation to show in Family Elevation

I have searched everywhere and having a hard time trying to get my Family which I have labeled to show the label in elevation and section when loaded into project here is the scenario.

Revit Arch 2008

I used the electrical wall family and created a switch on this family wall. I then labeled this switch within the switch family. When I load my SWITCH into my project the label shows in plan view. However I don't want the label to show in Plan only in Elevation and Section.

I figured out that I have to change the Settings -> Family Category and Paramters to Shared. for both the Generic family and my Switch Family.

Issue being that when I load in the Generic Family (Label) into my Switch Family I get an error stating saying the following

While loading family 'Family11': Only the following kinds of families can be loaded into a 3d model family:
- 3d model families
- detail families
- generic annotations
- section heads
- level heads
- grid heads

That is when I create an annotation myself. If I use a generic family already created like Label-Annotation. I can load this in fine, but when I change that Label to Shared I get this error

While loading family 'Label Annotation 3-32': Shared annotations cannot be used in 3d model families.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bill
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This question i have discovered the answer. You need to use Model Text and turn off the visibility of that text in plan view.

Hope this will help others in the future
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

you need to nest an annotation family containing text inside of your symbol
family

wrote in message news:5630831@discussion.autodesk.com...
This question i have discovered the answer. You need to use Model Text and
turn off the visibility of that text in plan view.

Hope this will help others in the future

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report