Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1958 Views, 3 Replies

Annotation Issues

It looks like I hit another snag. I have loaded the family Section Head 1 Point Filled into my Annotations tab in the Project Browser. However, every time I try to "Create Instance", a warning pops up and says, "Can't Create This Kind of Element In This View In the Current Mode". What makes it more strange is that this error only occurs when I try to add section heads/callouts only. I can add the other Annotations work without any issues. Any idea why?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BIMologist_
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for posing on the forums

If I understand your issue correctly and walk through your process of adding an annotation

you are using the PB->Families-> Annotation opening the type and R/C on it to Create an Instance.

The reason it gives you this error is that the Annotation FAMILY can only be used when ASSIGNED to a Section Head type. When you Edit the Type of the Section and then change the Section Tag itself you can assign this family.

If you want to  use the section Head as a Dummy Symbol then you can Edit the Family and change the Family Category to Generic Annotation.

Otherwise the only way to use the family is mentioned above and invoked using the Section Tool or Callout Tool.

Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect or you are running into further issues

Thanks

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BIMologist_

Would it make a difference if the project I am working is connected to a central file? We are using Revit 2015. From here I'm not sure what else to do. See attached. This is all I got so far. Please forgive me for sounding annoying. I am fairly new to 2015.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update:

If possible, can someone show me a "walkthrough" of it? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report