Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate / Open doors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1611 Views, 4 Replies

Animate / Open doors

I have one question to revit 2015.

I am going to make some pictures of my buildung. It would be very helpfull to animate the doors or simply to get the doors open.

Can this be done in an easy way?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

you can't do that type of animation as far as i know in Revit

you need to do that in Navisworks, 3ds Max or Showcase

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
L.Maas

Animation to open door is not (easily) possible. The following might be a solution.

You can modify a door family where you could insert a panel. This panel can have rotation parameter. When placing this door inside the project you can make a render with the door (partially) open.

If you really want to do an animation while opening the door you could accomplish it by trying the following. When you render your animation/walkthrough, render it not to a movie (avi) but to images. The sequence to open the door you would have to do it old school frame by frame. Render a frame with closed door. Set your opening to x degrees. Render next frame. Open door little bit more, Render next frame.....

You will end up with folder with several/many pictures. It is relatively simple to convert these pictures to an animation sequence. Stitch the different sequences together to complete your animation.

You will have to decide if this is worth the effort.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you for the reply. I think the first solution is a good one. I only want to make them open, so that in the rendering or making a movie they are opend.

I dont want in a walktrough getting trough a closed door. 

You think it is possible that you upload a standard door with this parameter? I really don't know how to do that....

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I tried it now and doesnt get it working, please upload an example for me.

That would be great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report