Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled Walls

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
OZRevit
997 Views, 8 Replies

Angled Walls

Hi,

Sorry to ask a simple question...I know how to define a distance while placing a wall, but what if the wall needs to be on a specific angle, say 45 deg? I can see the angle being measured but is there a way to enter the angle?

TIA

Harry

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
alan.quinn
in reply to: OZRevit

I believe the information in the below link will help:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/04/inplace-family-walls.html

Thank you,

Message 3 of 9
OZRevit
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks for the reply, but sorry, I think I didn't explain my question correctly.

I simply want to place a wall 45 deg in Plan View( see image attached) I need to be able to specify the angle as I place the walls....Many thanks1955i09CBAA0935C7E7BD

Message 4 of 9
augidomeo

Bạn có thể thay đổi (Cut pattern type) từ lựa chọn chỉnh sửa vật liệu (material edit) hoặc "type properties" component/element.
Rồi lựa chọn từ "Orientation in host layers":
-Orient to view
-Keep readable
-Aligned with element
Please review my picture at plan view and 3d section box view at:

http://dotuanhanh.blogspot.com/2010/11/cut-element-pattern-type-for-drafting.html
*Warning: Luôn nhớ Duplicate Material Name & Duplicate/New pattern type name

dotuanhanh.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 9
OZRevit

Thanks. Sorry, I just don't follow what you typed.

But surely, there must be an easy way of entering the angle while I'm placing the walls...

Autodesk, could you please provide Clear instructions?

TIA

Message 6 of 9
loboarch

The on screen temp dims will allow you to place walls at the desired angles as you draw.  The angles the wall will sanp to are somewhat controled by zoom level, i.e. when zoomed way out you may onlybe able to snap to 15deg increments.  If you need to snaps to smaller increments than you are seeing you will need to zoom in closer to the intersection until the snap angel increments decrease.  Then use direct input to make the wall the correct length.

If you are still not seeing the snap increments you need you may want to see if they are set in the snap settings on the manage tab of the ribbon.

Another option might be to un-check the chain option while placing the walls and use the tempdims to alter the wall angel after it is placed as you draw each segment.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 9
OZRevit

So Revit has no way of entering (typing) the wall angle at placement time?? what if the wall is at an odd angle?

Message 8 of 9
loboarch

If you are zoomed in close the snap will sanp to angles at 1 deg increments.  You just have to be zoomed in pretty close to get that fine of snapping.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 9
bill_gilliss

There simply seems to be no Revit equivalent of AutoCAD's  12'<37.125  method of specifying the length and angle of a vector at the same time. That's what a vector IS: a length and an angle!  I'm going to add it to the AUGI wish list right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report