Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled wall tops on walls created from face

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
slp004
482 Views, 1 Reply

Angled wall tops on walls created from face

I am working in Revit 2014 Student Version. I have created custom canted walls by creating an in place mass face and placing the wall on that face. The sides of the walls are also angled, becoming wider at the top. I am needing to slope the top of the wall. Basically, I have a small trapezoid in plan on the first floor centered under a larger trapezoid on the roof. Walls go through both floors and have to be canted to connect the two trapezoids. I am just wanting to slope two walls, one on each side, so that the ceiling height changes. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: slp004

slp004

Im not 100% on what you are trying to achieve here, could you explain it more?

If you are trying to Taper the walls, then i would recommend just doing this in a detail view. Place your slanted walls like you have with the massing tool, and this will be enough detail for a 3D view, then when you create a section/call out just use the "Cut Profile" tool on the view tab to modify your materials within the wall. Or use a combination of masked/filled regions and line work. 

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report