Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled Sweep

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
JOHNC17
4653 Views, 10 Replies

Angled Sweep

Is it Possible to make a sweep 45 Degrees at every wall cut? What i am trying to do is show a concrete base molding which is 6" deep and 11" Height , angled 45 Degrees at every Door opening.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rosskirby
in reply to: JOHNC17

It would help if you could post an image of what you're trying to accomplish.  It's not very clear from your description.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 11
JOHNC17
in reply to: rosskirby

Hope this Helps

Message 4 of 11
rosskirby

Gotcha, much clearer.  For that you've got three options:

1. Create a void extrusion in the door family that will cut the wall the way you want (best recommendation if this only occurs at one type of door).
  2. Create an in-place void extrusion in the project that will cut the wall (make sure to align/lock it to the door).  I don't recommend this, especially if you have a lot of doors.
  3. Create a separate wall-hosted family (door or generic model) that consists only of an opening with chamfered edges.  Place it in the project and align/lock it to the doors.  This would be the best/fastest option if you have this condition at a lot of different door families.

Hop that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 11
JOHNC17

Nope, Neither of the 3 work. I can cut the wall, but not the sweep.

Message 6 of 11
JOHNC17

Not sure if this is what you meant for #1 Solution, but here is the Door Family.

Message 7 of 11
rosskirby

What sweep are you talking about?  I see a door and a 45 degree chamfer at either jamb.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 8 of 11
JOHNC17

That is the Wall Sweep i'm trying toAngle at each Opening.

Message 9 of 11
rosskirby

Is that a wall-hosted sweep, a sweep that's part of the wall construction (as in 'edited through the wall type settings'), or a modeled in-place sweep?  If it's either of the first two, I would think that the void family in the door would cut it.

However, if that's not working, you could select the sweep, and on the modify tab, click the "Edit returns" button, set the angle to 45 degrees in the Options bar, and click on the end of the sweep.  That should return it to the wall at a 45 degree angle.  Then you can drag the end handle of the sweep to get it where you want.  A huge pain if doors start moving around, but it should work.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 10 of 11
JOHNC17

Yes it is a Wall Type, I did the Modify Return and set to 45 Degrees. I have to do a little adjusting to get it back to my original 4" offset from Door, but it does work and if i move the Door the sweep stays in place at the original offset. Thanks for the Help Ross, here is what it looks like with the new curb wall

Message 11 of 11
rosskirby

Awesome! Glad I could help.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report