Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled array in soldier course family

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
arctek
1266 Views, 4 Replies

Angled array in soldier course family

I am trying to create a soldier course that seems to be working ok however when I test it in a project it arrays at an angle and not at a straight line.  I am not sure why Revit is thinking this needs to be arrayed at an angle.  i have attached the file with the family in it.  Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Tony

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: arctek

Some comments:

• Arrays that repeat an element that is not nested are very demanding in regads to performance. It is recommended to array a nested object than an object that has been created in the same family.
  • Arrays need constraints in different directions, width, height, depth.
  • The "wall-edge" reference plane in your family has been moved, or the wall was moved away from that reference plane. Usually, the face of the wall and that reference plane are aligned. That might be causing an issue, too.
  • Instead of making an array family, there are other easier methods to add elements to a wall, such as wall sweeps, or sweeps included in wall types.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
arctek
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for your input.

What would you suggest is the best way to create soldier coursing over windows.  Should I create them individually as wall sweeps?

and my next attempt was to create a curved arched soldier course, what would you suggest for that?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: arctek

It seems to me that the wall sweep is enough for the soldier course above the window. The arch is different, though, because the wall sweep tool works only in horizontal or vertical direction. If you want the arch parametric, that is a rather complex family, but for the linear simple soldier course, the wall sweep is just fine, in my opinion.

2-5-2013 5-47-30 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
arctek
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks,

That is a great suggestion.  I wasnt even aware that you could do that.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report