Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyze My Family

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
236 Views, 2 Replies

Analyze My Family

Just hoping to get feedback regarding the structure/execution of the attached 2D Family.  I'm very green in Revit (and new to the Forum) so please take that into account.  My goal here is to learn Revit/Family best practices to establish good foundation.  For example, using several Ref. Levels to create a 'draw order' (does this literally exist in Revit, doesn't seem like it) allowing Masking Regions above to cover/hide elements below.  Surely that's not the only approach, but is it sound?  And what impact will that approach have when the Family develops in the future?  That is, add Swing Lines, different opening positions of gates, actually build it in 3D when we find time.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would not use model groups....actually I would just use a detail item and bring that into the family.  Draw it like it should look if you were looking down at it.  Trying to keep track of the different levels for an element that is 2D anyway isn't worth it.

Also, while it looks good on a plan view,you can see the elements in an elevation view. 

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

mpwuzhere... I understand what you're saying.

Should have used the Detail Item family template, not Specialty Equipment... has the Arrange commands (Bring to Front, Send to Back, etc).

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report