Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning a non-tiling texture

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mattendler
1328 Views, 3 Replies

Aligning a non-tiling texture

Hi there, I am encountering some trouble trying to align a texture to a rectangular rug family that rests upon the floor. I have an image that I'd like to map exactly to the extents of the extrusion, but Revit seems to default to a certain tiling placement that is offset in the corner of the piece, even if I turn tiling off on the texture, and I state the size of the texture exactly to the size of the rug. How do I resolve this? I've attached a PDF to show what is currently happening..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I had this problem too with mapping. 

I solved it using two ways:

1. using materials as you did.  in Texture Editor I've set the Scale to the exactly dimensions of the rug and I use Position Offset to align the texture. I use Tile for both horizontal and vertical. The preview doesn't show well but the object does......
  2. using Decals is much simple because you can adjust the dimension more quickly...but you haven't all the materials advantages

Image 01.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mattendler
in reply to: mattendler

Constantin,

This works great, thanks so much. I've actually never used decals so I will take that as a tip to try them out.

Best,
M
Message 4 of 4
David125
in reply to: mattendler

I can realign my image but when I reload it into my model it does not show the change. Is there something special I have to do to make it show?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report