Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligned Dimensions Shift While Moved

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nematsvehclav
387 Views, 3 Replies

Aligned Dimensions Shift While Moved

http://youtu.be/07GXfzCGijM

How is it possible that I place an aligned dimension between two paralel grids and the dimensions changes as I drag it up and down? First of all, in order to be able to place an aligned dimensions the objects have to be absolutely paralel to each other, so I don't get why when I move the dimension it changes. If the grids were really not paralel to each other Revit shouldn't allow me to place the aligned dimension in the first place, isn't that right?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
l.tucker
in reply to: nematsvehclav

That is pretty weird behavior, but I think it's just a dimension that falls outside of Revit's precision. Revit is pretty accurate (I heard something like down to 1/16th of an inch), but in your video I'm noticing that we're talking mere decimal points changing. It's frustrating, but technically "working".

Message 3 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: nematsvehclav

The behavior you show in the video is very strange.  I would send that file to suport to take a look at.  My only guess is the geometry was created with a DWG file and there is a small error in there causing the problem.  Aligned dims should not allow themselves to be placed if the elements are not parallel.

If you dont wantto send to support you could strip the file down to just the grid lines and post here for people to take a look at and maybe get an explination of some kind.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 4

Yeah, it was correct that there was a DWG link in there and it, most likely, was the culprit. I fixed the file already, but thanks for the replies anyway. Still don't see why Revit behaved the way it did. ALIGNED DIMS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO PLACE ON NON-PARALEL OBJECTS....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report