Revit Architecture

AIA Cad standards

285 Views, 4 Replies
03-14-2004 04:33 PM
Hi Can any one tell me some websites to visit to get info on the AIA (American Institute of Architects) Cad standards. I have done a search of the internet & have found a couple of sites but I am just wondering if you guys out there know of some others I should have a look at. I am going for my Diploma in CAD this year & this is one of the topics covered. Thanks in advance Allan (New Zealand)
*Scott Davis
Post 2 of 5

Re: AIA Cad standards

03-14-2004 07:41 PM in reply to: *Allan
look for the National Cad Standard. It's a collaborative effort to procuce CAD standards for the US. It contains much of the AIA guidelines. http://www.nationalcadstandard.org/ http://www.aia.org "Allan" wrote in message news:4054f9c1_3@newsprd01... > Hi > Can any one tell me some websites to visit to get info on the AIA (American > Institute of Architects) Cad standards. I have done a search of the > internet & have found a couple of sites but I am just wondering if you guys > out there know of some others I should have a look at. > I am going for my Diploma in CAD this year & this is one of the topics > covered. > > Thanks in advance > Allan > (New Zealand) > > >
*Mel Persin
Post 3 of 5

03-15-2004 03:07 AM in reply to: *Allan
Try AIA website, but in order to access any content or standards you must be a member. Are you an AIA student member? Does the academic institution you attend for this CAD program have an AIA student chapter? Or as Scott said, visit the National CAD Standards website. -- Mel Persin, Architect-AIA Network/CAD Consultant, Support & Training "Allan" wrote in message news:4054f9c1_3@newsprd01... > Hi > Can any one tell me some websites to visit to get info on the AIA (American > Institute of Architects) Cad standards. I have done a search of the > internet & have found a couple of sites but I am just wondering if you guys > out there know of some others I should have a look at. > I am going for my Diploma in CAD this year & this is one of the topics > covered. > > Thanks in advance > Allan > (New Zealand) > > >
*Aaron Rumple
Post 4 of 5

03-18-2004 08:12 AM in reply to: *Allan
Problem is that the National CADD standards are for 1990 technology. It doesn't even start to address the whole issue of BIM. "Mel Persin" wrote in message news:40558e1e$1_1@newsprd01... > Try AIA website, but in order to access any content or standards you must be > a member. Are you an AIA student member? Does the academic institution you > attend for this CAD program have an AIA student chapter? > > Or as Scott said, visit the National CAD Standards website.
*Scott Davis
Post 5 of 5

03-18-2004 08:19 AM in reply to: *Allan
Very true. You know its old technology when you are talking of "layer standards" "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:4059cae1_2@newsprd01... > Problem is that the National CADD standards are for 1990 technology. > It doesn't even start to address the whole issue of BIM. > > "Mel Persin" wrote in message > news:40558e1e$1_1@newsprd01... > > Try AIA website, but in order to access any content or standards you must > be > > a member. Are you an AIA student member? Does the academic institution > you > > attend for this CAD program have an AIA student chapter? > > > > Or as Scott said, visit the National CAD Standards website. > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post