Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIA Cad standards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
608 Views, 4 Replies

AIA Cad standards

Hi Can any one tell me some websites to visit to get info on the AIA (American Institute of Architects) Cad standards. I have done a search of the internet & have found a couple of sites but I am just wondering if you guys out there know of some others I should have a look at. I am going for my Diploma in CAD this year & this is one of the topics covered. Thanks in advance Allan (New Zealand)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

look for the National Cad Standard. It's a collaborative effort to procuce CAD standards for the US. It contains much of the AIA guidelines. http://www.nationalcadstandard.org/ http://www.aia.org "Allan" wrote in message news:4054f9c1_3@newsprd01... > Hi > Can any one tell me some websites to visit to get info on the AIA (American > Institute of Architects) Cad standards. I have done a search of the > internet & have found a couple of sites but I am just wondering if you guys > out there know of some others I should have a look at. > I am going for my Diploma in CAD this year & this is one of the topics > covered. > > Thanks in advance > Allan > (New Zealand) > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Try AIA website, but in order to access any content or standards you must be a member. Are you an AIA student member? Does the academic institution you attend for this CAD program have an AIA student chapter? Or as Scott said, visit the National CAD Standards website. -- Mel Persin, Architect-AIA Network/CAD Consultant, Support & Training "Allan" wrote in message news:4054f9c1_3@newsprd01... > Hi > Can any one tell me some websites to visit to get info on the AIA (American > Institute of Architects) Cad standards. I have done a search of the > internet & have found a couple of sites but I am just wondering if you guys > out there know of some others I should have a look at. > I am going for my Diploma in CAD this year & this is one of the topics > covered. > > Thanks in advance > Allan > (New Zealand) > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Problem is that the National CADD standards are for 1990 technology. It doesn't even start to address the whole issue of BIM. "Mel Persin" wrote in message news:40558e1e$1_1@newsprd01... > Try AIA website, but in order to access any content or standards you must be > a member. Are you an AIA student member? Does the academic institution you > attend for this CAD program have an AIA student chapter? > > Or as Scott said, visit the National CAD Standards website.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Very true. You know its old technology when you are talking of "layer standards" "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:4059cae1_2@newsprd01... > Problem is that the National CADD standards are for 1990 technology. > It doesn't even start to address the whole issue of BIM. > > "Mel Persin" wrote in message > news:40558e1e$1_1@newsprd01... > > Try AIA website, but in order to access any content or standards you must > be > > a member. Are you an AIA student member? Does the academic institution > you > > attend for this CAD program have an AIA student chapter? > > > > Or as Scott said, visit the National CAD Standards website. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report