Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT vs Revit?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
173 Views, 3 Replies

ADT vs Revit?

Hi, I never used Architectural Desktop, can you please tell me what are the differences comparing to Revit?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: Anonymous

A search (using your subject line) of this newsgroup and the ADT newsgroups (be sure to check the older version newsgroups too) will yield more material than you'll care to read. Perhaps filled with a good dose of personal feelings as well as factual info.

That said...ADT is built on the framework AutoCAD provides. It is very capable. Revit has no foundation associated with AutoCAD (except that it always could import/export to dwg). Revit started out as a separate product and company and Autodesk purchased them. Revit is also very capable.

This IS the Revit newsgroup, so you can assume I'm biased toward Revit but I have used both to produce billable work. I lost complete interest in ADT once I got to use Revit and just changed jobs because of Revit.

I suggest you read the whitepapers on the Autodesk website for both products. They will go into the details and you can start to form your own opinions.

Last, have you tried Revit yet? You say you have never used ADT, what are you using now? How dependant on the conduct of that application are you? It is possible to demo both applications. I encourage you to do so.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I posted a thread about my laptop crashing with Revit 6, so I'm looking for alternatives. I'm currently trying out ADT, and seems ok, though I like Revit a lot better. thanks for the suggestions. "Steve_Stafford" escreveu na mensagem news:22650477.1084648596325.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > A search (using your subject line) of this newsgroup and the ADT newsgroups (be sure to check the older version newsgroups too) will yield more material than you'll care to read. Perhaps filled with a good dose of personal feelings as well as factual info. > > That said...ADT is built on the framework AutoCAD provides. It is very capable. Revit has no foundation associated with AutoCAD (except that it always could import/export to dwg). Revit started out as a separate product and company and Autodesk purchased them. Revit is also very capable. > > This IS the Revit newsgroup, so you can assume I'm biased toward Revit but I have used both to produce billable work. I lost complete interest in ADT once I got to use Revit and just changed jobs because of Revit. > > I suggest you read the whitepapers on the Autodesk website for both products. They will go into the details and you can start to form your own opinions. > > Last, have you tried Revit yet? You say you have never used ADT, what are you using now? How dependant on the conduct of that application are you? It is possible to demo both applications. I encourage you to do so.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

buying software which is more expensive than a laptop to run them... so I'd say you really need to consider upgrading your hardware instead of altering your choice on such basis. Think of all the money you'll save when productiontimes are decreased and working is more fun! ;) "A.Seven" schreef in bericht news:40a66e10$1_1@newsprd01... > I posted a thread about my laptop crashing with Revit 6, so I'm looking for > alternatives. I'm currently trying out ADT, and seems ok, though I like > Revit a lot better. > > > thanks for the suggestions. > > > "Steve_Stafford" escreveu na mensagem > news:22650477.1084648596325.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > A search (using your subject line) of this newsgroup and the ADT > newsgroups (be sure to check the older version newsgroups too) will yield > more material than you'll care to read. Perhaps filled with a good dose of > personal feelings as well as factual info. > > > > That said...ADT is built on the framework AutoCAD provides. It is very > capable. Revit has no foundation associated with AutoCAD (except that it > always could import/export to dwg). Revit started out as a separate product > and company and Autodesk purchased them. Revit is also very capable. > > > > This IS the Revit newsgroup, so you can assume I'm biased toward Revit but > I have used both to produce billable work. I lost complete interest in ADT > once I got to use Revit and just changed jobs because of Revit. > > > > I suggest you read the whitepapers on the Autodesk website for both > products. They will go into the details and you can start to form your own > opinions. > > > > Last, have you tried Revit yet? You say you have never used ADT, what are > you using now? How dependant on the conduct of that application are you? > It is possible to demo both applications. I encourage you to do so. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report