Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting Printing Settings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kate_vanhout
306 Views, 2 Replies

Adjusting Printing Settings

I have posted this multiple times the last 2 years and still have yet to find an answer... so here we go again.  I am having issues printing with Revit Architecture 2010, 2011, and 2012.  We use a kip3000 and we are also using Autocad 2012.  When we print from our computers to our kip3000 in Revit the prints show up just fine.  but when we make a copy of those prints they come out chopping and with lines missing.  But using the same printer if we print from Autocad it comes out looking fine and when we scan those prints they look just fine.  Is there a way I can get Revit to prints just like Autocad.  We have had employees in the field requesting that we no longer use Revit because of this issue because they cannot clearly read the prints.  We really need to get this fixed or we will be at the point of no longer using Revit which is a shame.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: kate_vanhout

So, when you print from Revit, the quality isn't good?  But when you print from CAD, it's fine?

You've got a few options:

• OPTION 1 - Do a test print of the same sheet, once with it set to Raster, and once with it set to Vector.  If one works, and one doesn't, problem solved.  If there's no difference, move on to option 2.
  • OPTION 2 - Expoert/print your set to a DWF first (or a PDF, if you prefer), and then print the dwf from Design Review or the PDF from Acrobat.  You'll want to try the PDF printing with both the Vector and Raster settings as in Option 1; for the DWF it doesn't matter.  If that has no effect, move on to Option 3.
  • OPTION 3 - Update your printer drivers, call your KIP service techinician, and then try Options 1 and 2 again.
  • OPTION 4 - Get a new printer.  If you've tried options 1-3, and it's still not working, it's a printer compatibility problem.  Get a new one.  That's a hell of a lot cheaper and more reasonable than abandoning a software that almost no one else has printing problems with.  This is absolutely not a Revit problem.  It's a printer/driver problem.

Good luck to you, and let us know how it turns out.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
kate_vanhout
in reply to: kate_vanhout

I have tried Raster vs Vector printing with the Kip and that did not seem to make a difference.  But I will have to try these other options as I have not tried them yet!  Thanks so much for your help! I will update when I have tried any of these other options and let you know if it has helped our issue.

Thanks again!

Kate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report