Revit Architecture

*Doug
Message 1 of 3 (1,043 Views)

Adding Text to Family

1043 Views, 2 Replies
01-16-2004 05:15 AM
I added text to a block but it won't show up in a new drawing... I know I am missing something Doug
*Greg Cashen
Message 2 of 3 (1,043 Views)

Re: Adding Text to Family

01-16-2004 09:08 AM in reply to: *Doug
Text doesn't show up in the family. It is for writing notes to yourself or users on how to use the family. If you want to have text in it, you should create a group with the family and the text. Or use model text, but that is not a great way to go about doing this. Greg "Doug" wrote in message news:4007e3f1$1_3@statler... > I added text to a block but it won't show up in a new drawing... I know I am > missing something > > Doug > >
*Doug
Message 3 of 3 (1,043 Views)

Re: Adding Text to Family

01-16-2004 05:19 PM in reply to: *Doug
Figured it out. Need to add a label. Doug "Greg Cashen" wrote in message news:40081a87$1_2@statler... > Text doesn't show up in the family. It is for writing notes to yourself or > users on how to use the family. If you want to have text in it, you should > create a group with the family and the text. Or use model text, but that is > not a great way to go about doing this. > > Greg > > "Doug" wrote in message > news:4007e3f1$1_3@statler... > > I added text to a block but it won't show up in a new drawing... I know I > am > > missing something > > > > Doug > > > > > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.