Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Offset value to a schedule

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jonmcfarlandGY
1924 Views, 9 Replies

Adding Offset value to a schedule

I have a Specialty Equipment schedule in Revit 2013 which shows the Level, Object and Count for the objects on each floor.  Is it possible to add the Offset property to a schedule?  I don't see that option in the Schedule Properties dialog box.

Thanks,

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

It could be create in Family a shared parameter of Offset and once  the Family object loaded into Project the Offset parameter will appear as field into Schedule.....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 10

Hi Constantin,

Thanks for the reply.  I'vr created the shared parameter and added the parameter to my schedule.  What I need clarified is how to get Revit to read the Offset value from the element ant place that value in the Offset field.  Currently, it adds the value 0" to the field, but this doesn't tie to anything.  When I change the Offset value of the object, there is no change to the schedule.  How can I link the Offset value for the element to the Offset field in the schedule.

Thanks again,

Jon

Message 4 of 10

Hi Jon,

You have to make a geometric construction into which to use the shared parameter, then when you will load the Family into Project that parameter will be acivated. Think as working with type parameters, but you turn them into shared just for schedule purpose...

Can you send your .rfa file  ?

It will be easier to work on your own file and see exactly where your problem is...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 10

Hi Constantin,

Sorry for the delay.  What I'm trying to achieve is the ability to shedule how far an element is placed below the level it was placed on.  In the attached image, the objects are placed on level 15 then the Offset value is set to drop it to the correct level.  I can't host it to the slightly lower floor, because that floor is associated with level 14 and the objects would schedule with the wrong floor.

My object and my schedule both show an "Offset" parameter but I the schedule always shows that value as 0" regardless of any object's Offset value.  I made an "L-Offset" parameter for the object and added it to the schedule, but don't know how to get the schedule to show the difference between the objects' actual elevation and the elevation of the associated floor - in the schedule, the L-Offset value is always blank.

Any additional help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 6 of 10

I've made a rough screencast using your offset parameter....

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/1b287591-8640-4e58-aeb9-88b7a82780f8

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 10

THANKS FOR THE PRESENTATION, BUT IS THERE ANYWAY TO MAKE THE OFFSET VALUE (IN THE CONSTRAINTS SECTION) TO BE EQUAL TO THE PARAMETER OFFSET VALUE? MAINLY CAUSE WE WOULD LOSE THE ABILITY TO MOVE THE BOX WITHOUT SETTING THE VALUE. IN OTHER WORDS: USING YOUR METHOD IF I WANT TO MOVE THE OBJECT TO A DIFFERENT ELEVATION I CANT JUST GRAB AND PLACE NOR USE THE ALIGN TOOL

tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Message 8 of 10
mpetrucci
in reply to: orca1981

Orca1981, did you ever find an answer to your question? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Thank you, 

Mark

Message 9 of 10
Kimtaurus
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

Those offset parameters aren't accessible in the family editor, and so you can't link them to another parameter.

There are already several ideas posted on this issue, some are already under review.

Have a look at the Ideas page and vote/kudo the ones you deem necessary.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/make-all-parameters-schedule-able-and-filter-able/idi-p/6...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/tag-any-ootb-parameter/idi-p/7272178

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/access-all-the-parameters-from-schedules-and-export-to-ex...

in reply to: Kimtaurus

You can do it by using Dynamo, 

Select the elements you want to list their offset values and in dynamo simply use "GetParameterValueByName" node by connecting "Offset" as a string.

And you can get the list of offset values.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report