Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
twilks1
Message 1 of 2 (2,168 Views)
Accepted Solution

Adding Materials in a project in Revit 2013

2168 Views, 1 Replies
08-30-2012 12:19 PM

When creating custom materials and utilizing them within your Revit project, are the image files embedded within the RVT file and thereby increasing file size?  I was needing to know before we load down the project file (.rvt) with many custom materials. Hopefully it is just a pointer to a separate material file.

From what I have experienced and seen the materials are in the RVT, but the jpg's, png's and so forth for the textures are located on your computer or a server depending on the setup you have.

Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\3\Mats\

Hope this helps.

Distinguished Mentor
Caddman13
Message 2 of 2 (2,151 Views)

Re: Adding Materials in a project in Revit 2013

08-31-2012 04:13 AM in reply to: twilks1

From what I have experienced and seen the materials are in the RVT, but the jpg's, png's and so forth for the textures are located on your computer or a server depending on the setup you have.

Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\3\Mats\

Hope this helps.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.