Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding identity tags to objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
539 Views, 3 Replies

Adding identity tags to objects

Hi 

I works as a lighting designerand I just purchased Revit LT in order to meet some 3D-project managment requirements.

I find the lighting fixture families to be very useful and simple to work with but I need some way to identify the fixture types used in the project without acctually clicking each fixture when in plan view.
In Autocad 2D i create an text attribute which I block together with my 2D-symbol, is there any way to do a similar action in Revit? I tried to group my 3D-symbol with a text, but that dident work out to good when moving and copying the symbols. 

Does anyone have a easy way to do this? I imagine al types of diciplines would need a similar action to keep track of what is drawn?

Best Regards

Fredrik Amnäs
Black Lighting Design
www.blackljusdesign.se

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. That's what tags are for. Go to the annotate ribbon and use tag all or by category to provide tags for the lighting fixtures. These tags will automatically update when you change the fixture type.

If this solves your problem please Accept As Solution.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks for your response.

The only problem with using the tag tool is that the tag doesnt copy with the fixture.
If I apply a tag to a fixture and then array it, the tag does not follow to the copied units.

Do you know anyway to solve this?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

The "Tag All" feature will solve this for you.  Array the fixtures and then use the "Tag All" option from the annotate tab.  Then select the light fixture category and tags will be applied to all of the light fixtures in the view.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit_LT/enu/2013/Help/0075-Revit_LT75/0888-Document888/1137-Annotati11...

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report