Revit Architecture

dallas_dh
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

Adding detailed component

108 Views, 1 Replies
11-30-2013 12:18 AM

Hi

I'm having trouble inserting a bath in particular from the components tab.  I go to components and I only have 3 items in the drop down list; termination board, construction trailer and metal support.  How can I add a bath to the components list?  The bath doesn’t work for all those families.  I’ve added a bath to my project browser screen and dragged it in from there but I would like it to be in the components drop down lists.  How do I do this?   I’m using revit 2013.  may be a very simple solution but it has had me stuck for some time

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 2 (56 Views)

Re: Adding detailed component

12-01-2013 09:17 AM in reply to: dallas_dh

If the family is a detail component (that's what I understand from your message), it will not be on the list of families when you do: Architecture (or Home) > Component > Place a component. It will be available when when you do Annotate > Component > Detail Component.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.