Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding count to Formulas in Schedules

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SRDChris
2030 Views, 1 Reply

Adding count to Formulas in Schedules

I'm trying to create schedules for ordering building components.  I've set up a schedule and  I've got the cost and the count parameters added to my schedule but when I try to create a calculated Value to multiply the cost by the count it wont let me include the count in the formula.  I would really like to be able to do this in revit.  I am currently exporting the schedules to excel and adding the formula there, but i would really like to eliminate this step.

Thanks,

Chris 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SRDChris

If you attempt to use the Count field in a formula for a Calculated Value, Revit returns the message:

Revit 2014 wrote:

"The field "Count" cannot be used in formulas.

When multiple elements appear on the same schedule row, formulas are evaluated independently for each element and then the results are combined. Count is only meaningful for the row as a whole, not for the individual elements."

If you wish to create a separate field for "Total Cost", then create a Calculated Value with the formula, "Cost", and then enable the option "Calculate Totals" under the Formatting tab of the Schedule's Properties for that field. If you wish to create a more complex means of totaling this value, all such calculation must be done within the Family (if it's not a System Family) and then reported by the Schedule.

KK

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report