Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding accurender materials to the existing Revit material library

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
LisaDrago
2094 Views, 7 Replies

Adding accurender materials to the existing Revit material library

my question is how do i do it? I have my accurender library and I want to use it in revit but I cannot figure out how to get the materials to show in revit. How do I do this in Revit Architecture 2011?

Thank you!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

I'm afraid the answer is you can not.

Accurender Materials were created for the scan line render engine developed by McNeely, as part of the older Revit

packages prior to 2010.

Since Mental Ray has replaced AR, new "Protein Materials" and now Autodesk Materials are used exclusively by Revit

Unless anyone knows otherwise, you can not use legacy AR materials in Revit 2010 or 2011.

cheers

Message 3 of 8
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

OUCH!

Well thank you for the reply - not want i wanted to hear but i suppose not much else i can do about that.

Thank you!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 8
LisaDrago

So - do you know of any good areas to get render materials that Revit will use?

LD

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

A good way to begin expanding the OTB Revit Materials is to duplicate an existing material,

give it a new name, and then start adjusting it. You CAN bring in custom maps, bump maps, etc.

change colors, reflection/refraction, etc. and very quickly "add new materials" to Revit's library.

One very important thing to make clear is that with RAC 2010 and 2011, the Materials reside in the PROJECT

and not in a central server Library.

You can use Transfer Project Standards to copy materials from one project to another, and I believe

into a Template file or vice versa.

A lot of users have complained about this here and on other Forums. But that is how it's set up--so better to understand it and move forward at this point.

cheers

Message 7 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

ccollins wrote:

A good way to begin expanding the OTB Revit Materials is to duplicate an existing material,

give it a new name, and then start adjusting it. You CAN bring in custom maps, bump maps, etc.

change colors, reflection/refraction, etc. and very quickly "add new materials" to Revit's library.

This is the OLNY way to add material in Revit.  The set of material/protien shaders provided with Revit can't be added to.  You must find a material that is close to what you would like, duplicate it and make changes as Cliff suggests.  Using new/custom maps combined with existing shaders in revit will give you "new" materials.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

When you do create a new material and you go through the process of duplicating a existing material that is close, how do you go about making a new render appearence material in 2011? If you edit a existing render appearence material will that not change that render appearence in all the other materials that it is used in?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report