Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a truss into Revit and placing it at the correct height

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vicz615
1469 Views, 4 Replies

Adding a truss into Revit and placing it at the correct height

Sometimes I'm unable to place a truss in my building. When I am able to get it in, it's never at the right height (either too high or too low). I've tried moving it in an elavation and section, but it will only move left and right, not up and down. Is there a way to fix this problem? My teacher said something about changing the veiw range, which I did...I'm just not sure I did it correctly.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The beam is placed on Work Plane, so , if you want to move it verticaly you have to:

1. Change the Work Plane (1,2)
  2. In Properties>Constraints > adjust Start Level Offset and End Level Offset to place at a certain distance from the Level (3)

Image 328.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

The constraints appear greyed out, is there any reason or way to modify that?

Message 4 of 5
junsterkai007
in reply to: cekooC2QL3

I am having the same problem, cannot seem to figure out why... have you find the solution yet?

Message 5 of 5
adrianhg4
in reply to: junsterkai007

I can't work out why my original placement of the same truss in plan has the level offsets greyed out. I've tried to change the truss work plane, but it doesn't allow me to get access to the levels.

However, what I found if I placed the truss in plan, section or in a 3D view I can alter the start and end level offsets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report