Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Editable Text Box to Room Tag?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
eacaron89
5525 Views, 2 Replies

Add Editable Text Box to Room Tag?

Hello,

I am trying to add a normal, regular, editable text box to a Room Tag. Our office is involved in a competition and we want to show the Room Name and Area (which I understand how to do and have done that) and also the required square footage that was given to us in the competition project description. Here is an example:

STUDENT SERVICES

1252 SF

REQ: 1160 SF < This is what I need to know how to do.

Once the Room Tag is placed, I want to manually be able to change that number as it pertains to each program. Is this at all possible?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: eacaron89

Create a Shared Parameter called Required Area

In the tag family create a new label and and browse/choose your new shared parameter

Load the tag into your project

In the project add a new Project Parameter based on the same Shared Parameter, assign it to the Rooms category

In the project you'll find your Required Area parameter listed in the properties of any room

You'll be able to enter the required area in the tag, room properties or in a room schedule if you include the Required Area field there too.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3
eacaron89
in reply to: SteveKStafford

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report