Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adative Family - Angled Extrusions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
devinmccarthy
2285 Views, 3 Replies

Adative Family - Angled Extrusions

Hi,
I'm trying to create an adaptive family (a concrete bleacher/bench) that mitres to its adjoining instances when placed in a project (see attached images).

The family is not acting as I intend it to when loaded into the project (bottom right image). I've created six adaptive points which are intended to correspond to refeence points in the project.

I think the problem has to do with the faces of the extrusion, they don't seem to be able to align to an angled reference plane. Anyone have any tips on how the extrusion can expand/contract in a linear fashion and have ends that mitre adaptively?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccollins
in reply to: devinmccarthy

I don't know why your AC s are not working--however, I would suggest that you might try building the bleachers

using Stairs, or even walls and floors, instead of a complex Conceptual Mass with Adaptive Components.

That said, it could probably be made to work as you are trying to do--just a matter of figuring out how to create the Mass.

It might be much easier to just sweep your Profile along the path in Plan? Not sure the AC is doing much good?

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ccollins

I agree with Clif. Is there a special reason for choosing adaptive components to do this? If not, you are spending too much time; you could have done it in a few minutes with a simple solid by sweep. See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Cliff & Alfredo,

The sweep will definitely be more simple and practical for most of my applications.

I'm looking into the adaptive family for an R&D project;  I will likely have a few instances where the bleacher family is abutting a different family in which case the sweep might not join/mitre as I intend it to.  So I'll plug away a little more at getting it to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report