Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptice Components Repeater error message.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scott.chatterton
8253 Views, 2 Replies

Adaptice Components Repeater error message.

I'm getting an error message that I don’t fully understand when using an adaptive component. "There is only one component in this repeater" I am trying to create a undulating ceiling and attach an adaptive "Rafter"  to follow the form. I can occasionally get it to work but on occasion I receive the error message. I can send you the file if you like, I’m pretty sure it’s a “User Issue”!RAC 2013

I have been told that it is to do with the direction that I draw the curves but I would like a more indepth explanation of this error...

The other issue I'm having may have to do with the placement of the adaptive component on the node plane, depending on where I place the component it will change the orientation if the rafter...

The Revit Jedi
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Select the divided path, and see its properties. There might be a combination of settings that is not producing a logical result, maybe the distance between objects, maybe the number of objects, maybe the indent values, all this, in relation to the length of the path, might not be making sense.

About the orientation of the repeater, you might need to set the family that repeats to be "always vertical". If the path has adaptive points, check the Orientation parameter of those points in regards to placement; sometimes you need the points to be "orthogonal", sometimes "vertical", etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

Ahh, thanks. Yes I played with the "Always Vertical" which is nice to know but not applicable for this particular application. I'll look at the parameter orientation... thnks again, looks like I'm on the right track!

Sc

The Revit Jedi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report