Revit Architecture

Mentor
autoMick
Message 1 of 4 (397 Views)
Accepted Solution

Accidentally deleted a section marker

397 Views, 3 Replies
10-11-2013 03:44 AM

Hi, I accidently deleted a section marker from a plan view. The section still exists and in shown in other plan views. I feel stupid for asking, but how can I get the section marker to reappear on the original plan view?

Thanks

- Mick

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 (testing 2015 SP1)
Self-built i7-3930K, 16Gb RAM, P9X79 m/board
SSD(system), HDD(data), Win7Pro64, Quadro K4000 (and another with GTX680)
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (386 Views)

Re: Accidentally deleted a section marker

10-11-2013 04:40 AM in reply to: autoMick

Are you sure that you deleted the section line? Are you sure that you can still see that section line in other views? That is not possible. If you can see that view in the project browser and you can still see that section line in other views, then the section line in this view is hidden, not deleted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Valued Mentor
gh_ar
Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)

10-11-2013 07:43 AM in reply to: autoMick

Hi

Maybe you accidentally clicked on the icon <Cycle Selection Head>  It may have been removed Click on the icon

again.

Cycle Selection Head.jpg

Mentor
autoMick
Message 4 of 4 (329 Views)

10-11-2013 02:18 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

OK that's what I thought. The section definitely still exists - I can view the section itself, and its marker is shown in other plan views but for the life of me I cannot find how to unhide it in one view. I've tried:

- V/G Overrides/Annotation Categories and ensuring Sections and Section Boxes are ticked

- Set the view Discipline to Coordination

- Clicked Reveal Hidden Elements (shows other elements that I had hidden, but not the section marker)

- Tried gh-ar's suggestion regarding cycle section head (nothing visible to toggle)

Anything else?

Thanks

- Mick

[Edit: I found it - the phase was wrong. It was set to 'new construction', in an 'existing' view.]

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 (testing 2015 SP1)
Self-built i7-3930K, 16Gb RAM, P9X79 m/board
SSD(system), HDD(data), Win7Pro64, Quadro K4000 (and another with GTX680)
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.