Mentor
265 Posts
11 Kudos
Post 1 of 4
Accepted Solution

Accidentally deleted a section marker

488 Views, 3 Replies
10-11-2013 03:44 AM

Hi, I accidently deleted a section marker from a plan view. The section still exists and in shown in other plan views. I feel stupid for asking, but how can I get the section marker to reappear on the original plan view?

Thanks

- Mick

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2015 SP1
Self-built i7-3930K, 16Gb RAM, P9X79 m/board
SSD(system), HDD(data), Win7Pro64, Quadro K4000 (and another with GTX680)

OK that's what I thought. The section definitely still exists - I can view the section itself, and its marker is shown in other plan views but for the life of me I cannot find how to unhide it in one view. I've tried:

- V/G Overrides/Annotation Categories and ensuring Sections and Section Boxes are ticked

- Set the view Discipline to Coordination

- Clicked Reveal Hidden Elements (shows other elements that I had hidden, but not the section marker)

- Tried gh-ar's suggestion regarding cycle section head (nothing visible to toggle)

Anything else?

Thanks

- Mick

[Edit: I found it - the phase was wrong. It was set to 'new construction', in an 'existing' view.]

*Expert Elite*
2,889 Posts
363 Kudos
Post 2 of 4

Re: Accidentally deleted a section marker

10-11-2013 04:40 AM in reply to: autoMick

Are you sure that you deleted the section line? Are you sure that you can still see that section line in other views? That is not possible. If you can see that view in the project browser and you can still see that section line in other views, then the section line in this view is hidden, not deleted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Valued Mentor
406 Posts
22 Kudos
Post 3 of 4

10-11-2013 07:43 AM in reply to: autoMick

Hi

Maybe you accidentally clicked on the icon <Cycle Selection Head>  It may have been removed Click on the icon

again.

Cycle Selection Head.jpg

Mentor
265 Posts
11 Kudos
Post 4 of 4

10-11-2013 02:18 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

OK that's what I thought. The section definitely still exists - I can view the section itself, and its marker is shown in other plan views but for the life of me I cannot find how to unhide it in one view. I've tried:

- V/G Overrides/Annotation Categories and ensuring Sections and Section Boxes are ticked

- Set the view Discipline to Coordination

- Clicked Reveal Hidden Elements (shows other elements that I had hidden, but not the section marker)

- Tried gh-ar's suggestion regarding cycle section head (nothing visible to toggle)

Anything else?

Thanks

- Mick

[Edit: I found it - the phase was wrong. It was set to 'new construction', in an 'existing' view.]

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2015 SP1
Self-built i7-3930K, 16Gb RAM, P9X79 m/board
SSD(system), HDD(data), Win7Pro64, Quadro K4000 (and another with GTX680)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!