Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD blocks and REVIT railing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
299 Views, 3 Replies

ACAD blocks and REVIT railing

I have used ACAD and a small application to make the drawing attached. My question is if it is possible to make this kind of railing components with REVIT. I have seen revit only twice and I find it a very powerful application but since I make designs for others, they want specific types for railing, doors, windows etc. I have seen from a help file the way we can make doors and windows but when I tried with railing it didn't work. Is it possible by adding mass somehow? I really need to learn REVIT so please help TIA, Dimitris
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes you can make those no problem. You make the peices just as you have done in acad as panels, the assemble the diff pieces with in the revit project. If you have revit there are tutorials on this in the help pull down, just search for railings, here is an example of 3 on a project I'm currently working on.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Additonally, if you need to share these with others, that's easy too. Just start a new project, and draw a railing. Load and apply your railing components then save the file. Send the RVT file to your clients. They open the RVT, cut-n-paste the railing into their project, and then they can apply that same railing style to any railing in their project. "sdbrown" wrote in message news:21105645.1093009469701.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes you can make those no problem. You make the peices just as you have done in acad as panels, the assemble the diff pieces with in the revit project. If you have revit there are tutorials on this in the help pull down, just search for railings, here is an example of 3 on a project I'm currently working on.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you both for your answer. What do you mean with panels? When I want to make a family, I open the template file and try to make the profile. The problem is that I cant make it work. The message I receive is 'Can't make type Family6' where family6 is the attached file. Please take a look at the file and tell me what's wrong. Thank you for your time and patience :-) Dimitris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report