Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
elina.hyvamaki
Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)

About selection tools

175 Views, 2 Replies
09-07-2013 09:21 AM

I've just started using Revit 2014 after a long period of not using Revit. I accidentally imported a dwg as a symbol instead of linking the dwg as I meant to do. When I noticed what had happened, I deleted the dwg symbol, but later, when I was checking the visibility settings, I noticed, that (on the tab with imports and links) there are two imports (dwg layer names). How can I get rid of them?

I don't seem to be able to select the imports when I try to select everything by cross window selection. Is it possible in Revit to select something that isn't visible? For example all imports? Or is there a select all -command, that selects everything in the file? If I could select everything, I could then filter out the imports and delete them.

awes
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: About selection tools

09-09-2013 01:22 AM in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

Can you please clarify what you mean with 'dwg symbol'.

Go to a 3d-view, click blue light bulb 'Reveal hidden elements' in View Control Bar, expand view, use cross window selection, filter dwg.

elina.hyvamaki
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: About selection tools

09-13-2013 06:39 AM in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

Thanks for your answer! About the "symbol": I just meant I imported the AutoCAD drawing instead of linking it. I thought it was called a symbol in the properties window, but maybe I don't remember correctly, and I don't have access to the file right now. Actually, I just noticed, that what I saw in the "Imported categories" tab were "Imports in families", and they probably were in the file to begin with. So I don't worry about them anymore...

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.