Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About selection tools

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elina.hyvamaki
248 Views, 2 Replies

About selection tools

I've just started using Revit 2014 after a long period of not using Revit. I accidentally imported a dwg as a symbol instead of linking the dwg as I meant to do. When I noticed what had happened, I deleted the dwg symbol, but later, when I was checking the visibility settings, I noticed, that (on the tab with imports and links) there are two imports (dwg layer names). How can I get rid of them?

I don't seem to be able to select the imports when I try to select everything by cross window selection. Is it possible in Revit to select something that isn't visible? For example all imports? Or is there a select all -command, that selects everything in the file? If I could select everything, I could then filter out the imports and delete them.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
awes
in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

Can you please clarify what you mean with 'dwg symbol'.

Go to a 3d-view, click blue light bulb 'Reveal hidden elements' in View Control Bar, expand view, use cross window selection, filter dwg.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your answer! About the "symbol": I just meant I imported the AutoCAD drawing instead of linking it. I thought it was called a symbol in the properties window, but maybe I don't remember correctly, and I don't have access to the file right now. Actually, I just noticed, that what I saw in the "Imported categories" tab were "Imports in families", and they probably were in the file to begin with. So I don't worry about them anymore...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report