Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A serious error has occurred when copying

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
mart312u
12785 Views, 13 Replies

A serious error has occurred when copying

We are 4 persons working in our Revit file with collaborate. We worked in the file and then it started to give us this warning when we tried to copy an element:

"A serious error has occurred. The current action has been cancelled. It is strongly recommended that you save your work in a new file before continuing. Would you like to save a recovery file."
Error message.PNG
Then we can click yes or no and if we click no we can still work in the file and if we click yes we can save a recovery that has the same problem when we try to copy elements in it.

the problem is for both copy/paste and the copy tool and the mirror tool.

Its like Revit cant register the element somehow.

Hope there is a solution for the problem.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
LisaDrago
in reply to: mart312u

The first thought I have is - does everyone have the same service pack installed? Everyone should have the latest.

Is this happening to everyone our just one user?

Is this happening in only one project or others?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 14
mart312u
in reply to: LisaDrago

We have all the same service pack and it happend to all four of us. But it's only in this project we have this error.
Message 4 of 14
erikbrett

I am experiencing the same problem. I found that it also applies to arraying the objects.

Message 5 of 14
LisaDrago

Have you run an Audit on the file? When you go to open it - it is an option along the bottom.

Make sure everyone has saved and is out of the file - then open it with the Audit checked.

This will try and find any issues with the file.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 6 of 14
erikbrett

No, the audit does not work either unfortunately. The file was converted from a Revit 2012 file. I dont know if that has any significance. The file will now not let me copy either. The only object I have found that I can copy is the detail line for some reason.

Message 7 of 14
erikbrett
in reply to: erikbrett

This bug was resolved by updating using Update Release 2 for Revit 2013.

Message 8 of 14
mart312u
in reply to: erikbrett

It turned out that one of the group members did not have the updates, as I thought everybody had. It fixed all our problems when the last one got the update.

Thank you very much

Message 9 of 14
jbh
Contributor

I also am having this problem, with a slight twist.

I have checked all computers have the latest revit updates. the only difference being my computer has a Building Design Suite installed rather than a Revit Architecture Suite.

The errors are only occuring on 1 of 2 files we are all working on and it is only my computer withe the Building Design Suite that is having the error's.

Any ideas?

Message 10 of 14
mart312u

We found out that our problem was all our warnings. we solved all our warnings and efterr that there have been none problems at all.

Do you have any warnings in your file?

Message 11 of 14
jbh
Contributor

It turned out that I had two installs on revit on my machine. Revit Architecture 2013 and Revit 2013. The updates I installed were for revit architecture 2013, so Revit 2013 was out of date and was coursing the problem as well as making me feel a bit sheepish!!

It did however take a while to find the updates for Revit 2013. I wish Autodesk would list the upgrades on a lisence basis. So if you have Building Design Suite Premium you can find all the relevant updates!!

Alls well that ends well. Thanks for your response.
Message 12 of 14
nicholass817
in reply to: jbh

The exact same thing is happening to me.  New to a company and the IT knows nothing about Revit.  

How do i determine which patches, hotfixes, release updates are installed on the machine? 

Please help!!!!

Message 13 of 14
LisaDrago

The easiest way it to go to help in the upper right corner and click the down arrow and go to about. In the dialog box that pops up - you should see the info you are looking for - I have attached an image for reference.

LD

Message 14 of 14
side75

I have also got this problem - any type of copy (ctrl+C, copy, array...) instigates the error message.  The same file on different machines within the office does not behave the same way (meaning I can copy with no problems).  I have tried the audit, and I am on the lastest build of Revit 2013.  Are there any other options to try?

The only thing that I can think of - and it might not be of any help, but... - is that this all started when I tried to insert and copy a column the other day.  A colleague later advised me not to use columns!

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT : Our IT guy just came by and despite having assured me the other day that he had updated this Revit, in fact there had been an error and he hadn't.  I can report that happily, updating to the most recent build has in fact fixed this problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report