Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few queries on Mass Models, Mass Floors & Schedules

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1360 Views, 2 Replies

A few queries on Mass Models, Mass Floors & Schedules

I've been working with mass modelling for pretty well the first time, and have a few queries.

I've blocked up a mass model with 4 main blocks and a central circulation area (See attached images).

My first query - is it possible to set the colours for floors in each block to be coloured the same ? - I can use overide graphics to select an element (or selection of elements) and set surface pattern to solid / colour. But is there a way of doing this automatically by setting a colour for a specific mass and having all mass floors coloured from that ? or following a colour legend ?

Secondly - I'm sure I've done this before, but I can't seem to repeat it. I would like the mass floors to schedule to be set-out as per "Desired-Table.jpg" below (ie with totals by block and by level along the bottom and right-hand side respectively). Instead, I currently have "Revit-Schedule.jpg". Is it possible to combine them as I am trying to do ? I could use two separate schedules, but I would prefer the info to be presented on a single table.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Martin,

about your first question,try using Filters :

1.  View > Filters > New >Filter Name - call it somehow (blockA in my case) -Define Criteria > Filters -Categories -check Mass (and unhide uncheked categories) > Filter Rules >Filter by:Family Name -equals =blockA >OK..OK
  2. Repeat steps for blocks B...D
  3. In 3d View >Visibility/Graphics Overrides >Filters >Add Filter - load blocks A...D filters - and change the Project/Surface-Patterns

Image 1.png

as for the second question .....maybe you can remeber how you did it. All I could  realize is in the next image:

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thanks Constantin,

The filter works quite well - Ideally I would like to set a colour legend up to break the mass model up to identify each block - but I might just wait until converting the floors and using colour fills. In the meantime the filter approach works.

I might be wrong on the schedule - but I thought I had set one up before that had totals for both columns and rows - maybe it's just the use of the individual block names as columns/fields that throws it out. Another possibility is that I am remembering a schedule that I took into EXCEL and re-arranged it.

I'll play a bit more with the schedule.

Thanks

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report